.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 3 times

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:40 pm

iPad

Hello there.

So does anybody on here have an iPad? I have had my 32GB 3G+WiFi since August and still love it.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: iPad

What's so great about it?? I don't really think the price justifies the device...
<<

monkeymaximus

Brewery Owner
Brewery Owner

Thanks given: 50 times

Thanks received: 40 times

Post Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:18 pm

you know I thought the same thing... But once i played with it.... it is pretty frickin neat. Especially if you get the right apps for what you do.

You can control your music, tv, etc... make phone calls, look up stuff, and read articles... IMHO its pretty solid minus the whole flash thing.

Is it overpriced? Ya i think so. Does the utility or convenience outweigh the price? I think it completely depends on your habits. I know some parents that love the iPad in distracting their kids... hehehe... and im pretty sure they think it was worth every penny :-D
[img]https://brewology.com/images/mm/monkeymaximus.jpg[/img]
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8907/monkeymaximus2ph.jpg
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:42 am

I think of it this way when people tell me I am stupid for spending the money on one..... It has replaced my Laptop, I never use my Laptop much anymore. I can do everything I would normally do on it on the iPad. Like Nic said once you have the right apps the thing is amazing. I also think the price is justified when you look at all the other "Tablets/Pads" out there now. There aren't many, and the once there are really are not that good.

Look at the BlackPad or whatever that RIM Tablet thing is called. Yea it looks alright but that is going to be more for business class. Plus look at the price :/ Its going to cost well over $1000 I bet. I think the iPad is perfect right in the middle, especially when the base model is only $499.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:34 pm

I heard the BlackPad was gonna be less than the iPad. Oh, well.
You guys know that there is a $35 Android tablet in development? I think $200 is just right for a tablet, but the iPad's price is way too much. I think if they priced the iPad where the iPod Touch is, then it would help Apple so much.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:09 pm

Il be getting one when Nik sends me the check in the mail :)
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:44 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:Il be getting one when Nik sends me the check in the mail :)

You haven't gotten yours yet? I got mine a few weeks ago, didn't know he was still behind XD

Yea I don't know Crait. Like the iPod touch price is good. Its good for a music player. But when you look at say $300 netbooks they are not that good. For the iPad being at $499 and what it can do and like I said it has replaced my computer I think it is very reasonable.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Walmart sells some pretty good full-sized laptops for $300. My mom bought hers there a while back and it's so good. I don't remember the name or I'd post the exact specs.
I just feel that there are better things out there to buy for $300. (360, PS3)
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 pm

.Yunoko wrote:
BKFraiders7 wrote:Il be getting one when Nik sends me the check in the mail :)

You haven't gotten yours yet? I got mine a few weeks ago, didn't know he was still behind XD

Yea I don't know Crait. Like the iPod touch price is good. Its good for a music player. But when you look at say $300 netbooks they are not that good. For the iPad being at $499 and what it can do and like I said it has replaced my computer I think it is very reasonable.

Haha when/if I get one Il be waiting for iPad v2. I want that front and back camera that I just know will be added..not to mention the extra ram for multitasking. First I will get my MacBook Pro for college tho.

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:46 pm

Nah, they are just gonna have one camera in the next one that can only take video like the iPod nano's. :O Lol. Because the hardware only has the ability to take many pictures per second instead one a single one for some strange reason...
You want more ram? I doubt the next iPad will even have a retina display.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:03 pm

crait wrote:Nah, they are just gonna have one camera in the next one that can only take video like the iPod nano's. :O Lol. Because the hardware only has the ability to take many pictures per second instead one a single one for some strange reason...

Your joking about half that right? It needs a [/sarcasm] tag.

Retina Display is an obvious. Its on the touch and iPhone so it only makes since to have less fragmentation in the App Store.
Ram is also a must. 256mb of Ram for a tablet? Its pretty pathetic. iPhone has 512mb (although iPod touch 4 has 256) and since they are bringing multitasking over to iPad in 4.2 it should be obvious they will upgrade the RAM.

The iPod touch has 2 cameras, but, yes, it take a still frame of a video shot. Which sucks rly low quality. This is because of the size factor of the touch (according the Mr. Jobs). The iPad actually has the size and in fact the open space for the exact fit of the MacBook camera.

Image Image
<<

.Yunoko

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:40 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:
crait wrote:Nah, they are just gonna have one camera in the next one that can only take video like the iPod nano's. :O Lol. Because the hardware only has the ability to take many pictures per second instead one a single one for some strange reason...

Your joking about half that right? It needs a [/sarcasm] tag.

Retina Display is an obvious. Its on the touch and iPhone so it only makes since to have less fragmentation in the App Store.
Ram is also a must. 256mb of Ram for a tablet? Its pretty pathetic. iPhone has 512mb (although iPod touch 4 has 256) and since they are bringing multitasking over to iPad in 4.2 it should be obvious they will upgrade the RAM.

The iPod touch has 2 cameras, but, yes, it take a still frame of a video shot. Which sucks rly low quality. This is because of the size factor of the touch (according the Mr. Jobs). The iPad actually has the size and in fact the open space for the exact fit of the MacBook camera.

I think its best to get one now. Really why do you need cameras? Everybody bagged for them on the Nano, they got it and it sucked. Everybody bagged for it on the iPod Touch, they got it and it sucks. It doesn't need a camera, unless its going to be 5 MP + but even then I don't see the point. That is why you have a phone or a dedicated camera.

RAM I see being upgraded, but again don't see the point. I am not updating to 4.0 because I hate the way the multitasking works + I don't even use it so I am happy with what I have at the moment.

Retina display, its not even that big of a deal. Unless your face is a few centimeters in front of the screen you will not see a difference. You just can't no matter how much you argue I really don't feel like getting into that debate right now but yea XD. Also at the moment a retina display would double the cost of the iPad. Maybe in a year + and we can get better, cheaper screens then sure why not. But you know what? By that time something updated on the device will be out or another new Apple product will be out and you will want it instead of these features everybody is asking for right now.

Return to Apple