Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

[Tutorial] 2.71 TA-082 downgrade (with installing HEN D)

<<

broklynite

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:53 pm

Odd problem...

Hey all, I just bought me my PSP and wanted to downgrade it. It's the TA-082 and has 2.71. Okay, so, I downloaded all the stuff, and I thought I had followed all the directions properly, but I must have screwed up somewhere here. No, it's not bricked. I installed the HEND just fine, the colors went the way they were supposed to. But after that, when I was supposed to run the idstoragechange file, it went to a black screen with the words"You must have at least 75% battery power" before it went back to the main screen. It's been charged up fully, so I don't see what the problem is. I went forward and tried to run Updated X.YZ and the same thing happened. Any suggestions? I've tried it with and without the USB cable attached and with and without the AC adapter attached. Can someone please tel me what I'm doing wrong here? Thanks.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:05 pm

true, it's a weird problem. With this kind of stuff people often have to backup important files on their memory card and then reformat the memory card + reinstall the files back where they need to be and try that part again. Others just turn the psp all of the way off and try again. Some take out the battery and place it back in. Just tinker with it.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

broklynite

Post Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:34 pm

Newp

Newp, no matter what I do, same thing. I've reformatted the memory stick, I've reset the entire thing and re-installed everything on it. It doesn't seem to make a differance. I even popped the battery in and out. Nothing. It's very weird. Is there any other method you could reccomend to play emulators on my PSP?
<<

broklynite

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:52 am

Just a thought, but since this doesn't seem to work, I see there's also a downgrader for TA-082s which will downgrade down to 2.50. Maybe I should ty that, and then use a differant downgrader designed to take down from 2.50 to 1.50? Does that make sense or am I asking to brick my system doing that?
EDIT: Wait, just had a thought. I couldn't do that, because I'd have to find a downgrader from 2.50 for TA-082s, and that doesn't exist, right? Should I use Devhook instead? I'd be more comfortable running a 1.50 emulator than risk bricking my system. Er... maybe this should go into the help section ::helplessly flails around::
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:22 pm

A second battery or a second memory card are both viable solutions that some people use as well.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

addictedlifter

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:54 am

Alright I think I screwed up my psp. I followed all the steps perfectly (on 2nd attempt), got to the last step, downgraded, and then the screen said, "downgrade finished, press x to continue," so I waited a little and nothing happened. So hit x and it shut off. Now the screen to set my date and time come up, but if i hit anything it turns black. Did I brick or what?

*EDIT*

Okay well since no one replied, I went ahead and dled 3.03 custom and now it's all good.
<<

generalreg

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:06 pm

dumb question

"Before starting
Make sure you have a 75% battery charge and your AC adapter is handy! "

silly question but would it make a difference if I just did the entire process plugged into my AC and? or is it supposed to be at 75% for a reason?

sorry all not too familiar with this

THANKS
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:13 pm

The downgrader is made to not start unless the battery has 75% power to prevent people from bricking - but I'm not sure about if you take the battery out and leave only the AC cord plugged in - AND run the downgrader. Even if that did work, it would still be easy to knock that cord out and make a bricked psp so I suggest just following the guide by the script.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:03 pm

The downgrader simply may not work every single time. I'm not a pro with this downgrader but I think that when the screen turns different colors then it means it either did work or it didn't work. I think if it goes green then it works and red means it doesn't. I think the best option is to just start the process over again.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

kingcoke

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:04 pm

If it does not work, restart your psp and try again as many times as needed. Took me around 20.
<<

Reigo80

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:42 pm

Safe..?
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed May 02, 2007 12:22 pm

no problem :)
<<

das7771

Young Brewer

Post Fri May 04, 2007 6:58 pm

The tutorial worked great. I had one problem that happened twice. When I would do step 3 my screen went from blue to red. I had to restart the system and start over again. I had to do that 2 times then on the third try I saw the blue then green screen. Then everything else went smoothly..THANKS!!!!!!!
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Wed May 09, 2007 7:24 am

^good job ;) We have plenty of other tutorials to help teach you the ins and outs of the psp homebrew. Give them a look as well!

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu May 17, 2007 12:26 pm

why? this ones the best lol j/k
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials