Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Tutorial: Putting Videos on PSP! (Made by PStationP)

<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:12 am

Tutorial: Putting Videos on PSP! (Made by PStationP)

You can either put downloaded videos or home DVDs on your PSP. The only type of file that your psp can read has to be in MP4 format. You will need some software to convert your DVDs into the MP4 format so that your PSP can read them.
Download the software here: www.pspvideo9.com
PSP Video 9 requires that you download the latest version of Quicktime. If you skip this step, you will undoubtedly have problems when converting files, so make sure you have the latest version.
Download the Quicktime here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html
Once you have downloaded the software, extract it and install it to your computer.

In order to get videos onto your PSP, you either need to connect your PSP to your PC with a USB cable or insert your Memory Stick into a memory stick reader. Make suer you know what drive your PSP shows up in, because you'll need to remember that for later!

Go to the main directory of your PSP (your PSP root folder), and create a new folder called MP_ROOT. Go into your new MP_ROOT folder and create a new folder called 100MNV01. Now, this is the folder that you will put your video files into so that your psp will pick them up!

Now, when you first run PSP Video 9, you will have to "install" your psp and it needs to find it. On the top right hand corner, click setup, and then click on the box beside PSP Drive, and select the letter that is the correct drive that your PSP is in.

Converting Videos:
Click the convert button on the top left hand corner, and then click Convert New Video. Once you select the file that you want to convert, you can select another one and it will be put into a queue, or you can just convert one.
During your first conversion, you may get a QuickTime popup the might ask you to install QuickTime Authoring. This NEEDS to be installed for the conversion to work, so make sure that you click on the Do It Now and let it completely install.

Once you have completely converted your video, click ont he Copy button to go to the copy page (on the top right hand corner). On the left hand side of PSP Video 9+, you will see all of the PSP video files on your PC. Select the video that you just converted, and click the Copy Video to PSP button.

*Make sure that you have enough space on your memory stick for the video that you are going to put onto it!*

Once the file has appeared on the right hand side of PSP Video 9, that means that your video has been successfully placed on your PSP.

Note, if you already have MP4 files and want to place them onto your PSP, just place them into the 100MNV01 folder, and then your PSP will pick them up.

Now, go to the PSP menu, and click on the Video tab, and you can watch your video!

Thanks goes out to pspcrazy.com for help with the pictures and info!
Last edited by shadox on Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:30 pm

sweet ive always wondered how to use video 9
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

san713

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:06 pm

:lol:

Thanks Friends! I will try this. Now can I use the AVSvideo converter to rip the dvd..hope pspvideo9 can read that file.

thanks for all your help
<<

Surenix

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:08 pm

Hmm, I haven't really tried it myself but I think it does...

There's one file I know for a fact that won't work with PSPvideo9 and that's the .MOV
<<

shadox

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:14 pm

yeah, i think it will work, but i prefer to use dvdshrink instead of AVSvideo!
<<

NaZa106

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri May 05, 2006 4:30 pm

thanks man IT WORks nice tutorial..
<<

Gepeto

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:09 pm

damnit! i tried every thing to put vids in my PSP and i still cant!
i already have the MPEG-4 files and blá blá blá
i put them in the 100blábláMNVbláblá and it still wont work
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:20 pm

lol this is much easier with SUPER
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

Gepeto

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:46 am

supashay91 wrote:lol this is much easier with SUPER

....SUPER?....any info?links?tuts?

ueahuae lol
<<

Mailas

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:10 am

YOu have to pay, its really good but you can use better ones than psp video 9 for sure:
PSP Video Express.
Dont ask for a link please lol. Its quite obvious where to get one.
<<

Shmittyz

Young Brewer

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:07 pm

awesome tut.. if anyone had any problems onf 3.03 OE-b, I'm not sure whut they were but i'm guessing they miss stepped somewhere.. Worked flawless with me.. Thanx alot. I had no idea where to put the mp4's to get them to work... and as for making the folder for them 100MNV10 it was already on my mem sticks when I format them so I just added outputed to that folder and no problem... now my problem is, ripping new copy protected dvd's... I wannamake a backup copt of silent hill and put it on my psp but i can't get it to copy. If anyone has any ideas or programs that would help me it would be much appreciated.
I wanna be a rockstar!

Return to PSP Tutorials