little problem with running 2.6 game

<<

Stalink

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:34 am

little problem with running 2.6 game

I'm not exactly sure if this is wehre to ask, but here goes. So I bought a copy of Valkyrie Profile today, and of course, being the savy psp owner that I am, I have a 1.5 psp. I have had games that want me to upgrade my firmware, but usually I can get around that with my no-update loader, but this time, it did not work. I have tried a couple other types of loaders, but to no avail, which is odd because my psp is one of the first that came out. In my frustration to play the game, I even attempted to upgrade my firmware to 2.6, if only to play this game, and then the firmware updater was bugged and did not work. I was wondering, is there anyway for me to play this 2.6 game on my 1.5 psp? I tried devhook0.46 but the blasted thing never seems to work.
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:04 am

It should work. You have probably installed it wrong.
Tell me what you did to install.
Its my doubt you probably just ran the loader instead of the installer.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:06 am

Re: little problem with running 2.6 game

Stalink wrote:I'm not exactly sure if this is wehre to ask, but here goes. So I bought a copy of Valkyrie Profile today, and of course, being the savy psp owner that I am, I have a 1.5 psp. I have had games that want me to upgrade my firmware, but usually I can get around that with my no-update loader, but this time, it did not work. I have tried a couple other types of loaders, but to no avail, which is odd because my psp is one of the first that came out. In my frustration to play the game, I even attempted to upgrade my firmware to 2.6, if only to play this game, and then the firmware updater was bugged and did not work. I was wondering, is there anyway for me to play this 2.6 game on my 1.5 psp? I tried devhook0.46 but the blasted thing never seems to work.

try finding the touched up one with the ultimate installer
its the one i use because i could never get devhook to work either
<<

Stalink

Young Brewer

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:36 am

Alright, so I got the devhook 0.46, I opened the msroot folder and put the dh folder in my memory card's main directory, and I put all the stuff in the game folder, in the game directory in my psp and thats what I did, I am not sure if I completed that all the way through, additionally, I am not sure what else to do with it. So, I probably screwed up somewhere there, but I am unsure where.

As far as that ultimate version, I had mixed results in trying to find it, and even less luck finding a way to get it to work.
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:48 am

You need to get the eboots.
The eboots are what exactly installs the emulated firmware on you're PSP.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:59 am

Stalink wrote:Alright, so I got the devhook 0.46, I opened the msroot folder and put the dh folder in my memory card's main directory, and I put all the stuff in the game folder, in the game directory in my psp and thats what I did, I am not sure if I completed that all the way through, additionally, I am not sure what else to do with it. So, I probably screwed up somewhere there, but I am unsure where.

As far as that ultimate version, I had mixed results in trying to find it, and even less luck finding a way to get it to work.

i think i know your problem
did you put the dh folder inside the folder labeled ms_root?
because if you did you need to put it one folder up lol
<<

Stalink

Young Brewer

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:23 am

You need to get the eboots.

if you mean the things in the folder ms_root/psp/game and then all those folders with the eboots inside them, then yes I put them in my psp.

did you put the dh folder inside the folder labeled ms_root?

no, I put the dh folder into the the main memcard directory, by itself.
<<

Mailas

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:29 am

Yes do not put it in the MS_ROOT folder, thats for movies.
You should have the dh folder in the first directory that pops up while you go into USB connection mode.
And by eboots I mean the firmware updates. Read the readme on which ones to get, you can find them at psp-hacks downloads section.
Look for Firmware, and then look for Firmware Updates, and get the ones you need that are enlisted in the Readme.txt file.
<<

Carcinogen

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:51 am

I got a similar error updating my firmware when I bought my PSP last night... Does it always say the battery needs to be at full charge, even though I clearly have the PSP connected to my wall socket? =X
*Caution: This nub asks plenty of dumb PSP related questions. You have been forewarned.*
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:00 am

Carcinogen wrote:I got a similar error updating my firmware when I bought my PSP last night... Does it always say the battery needs to be at full charge, even though I clearly have the PSP connected to my wall socket? =X

yeah, it needs to be like 80% charged to update because sony doesnt want people to update thier psp and have the socket thingy fall out of the wall and the psp becoming brick
and what firmware if your psp?!
dont update it if it is 1.5/1.0/2.0/2.01/2.5/2.6/2.7/2.71/2.8
<<

Stalink

Young Brewer

Post Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:26 am

well, I tried getting the firmware update I needed, but the cryptic readme with the devhook files didn't really help. Is there a faq or tutorial anywhere that I can use? I hate to bother you guys by asking questions that have probably been asked a million times before.

Return to PSP Tutorials