Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Silver PSP Version 2.82 playing backup games???

<<

maltonbranch

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:23 am

Silver PSP Version 2.82 playing backup games???

I have just got my psp and havent done anything to it apart from buy a 4gig mem stick. Im wanting to know is it possible to play backup games (iso's) If so could someone contact me through msn ([email protected]) or post me the links as i dont have a clue where to start looking.

Many thanks
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:34 am

You should check which motherboard you have. That can be done by looking at the sticky at the top of the tutorial section.

My guess is that the silver psp came with a TA-082 motherboard, and therefore you can't play backup games right now. Also, 2.82 cannot be downgraded at this time.

My advice to you is to make sure you know what motherboard you have, and DON'T UPGRADE until there is a downgrader out that you can use safely. Until then, fill up that 4gb with music/ video.

The only games you can play are flash games through the psp's web browser at the moment.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

maltonbranch

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:23 am

I looked under the right hand side of the drive and there is no code there. not sure what that means. What software do i need to drop movies on the psp. Also do they need to be converted or can it play any file type. many thanks

Oh by the way if there is software on the CD which came with it. i dont have it at the moment so is there anyway to get the software on the net
<<

maltonbranch

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:58 am

I got told on another PSP forum that if i upgrade to firmware 3.0 from 2.82 i could downgrade enough to be able to play backup games. I have never done flashing before so im not sure to do it or not incase i brick my psp!
<<

imisky

Brewer
Brewer

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:35 pm

if you were to upgrade to 3.0x you will NOT be able to downgrade, if your top right side of the UMD drive doesnt have IC3001 it think thats wat it is. then you probably do not have a TA-082 motherboard, UNLESS sony decided to be start and move that somewhere else for a newer version of a mobo so if people try downgrading them they will instantly have a dead PSP or bricked psp.
PSP history: 1.50 ceramic white psp, origional sharp screen, 3.03OE-A , PSP-1000
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:14 pm

look again to make sure that you don't have a ta-082 motherboard. You need to tilt the psp at a pretty extreme angle to see the "code" on the motherboard. If you see any type of letters printed on the motherboard in the top right corner, then you have to wait until a ta-082-specific downgrader is available for version 2.82 or higher.

If you upgrade further, you will not be able to play backup games.

I am pretty sure that sony didn't put motherboards in the silver psps that are homebrew-capable... so like imisky said, they might have just put a different motherboard in there/ put the code somewhere else.

The advice here is good, but I advise you to do some serious reading about the silver psp and what is inside of it before you attempt ANYTHING.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

maltonbranch

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:40 am

Im trying to convert some of my AVI's etc to the psp. Im using a program called WinAVI which does seem to convert them to mp4 and leave a . THM file. But when i dump them on my PSP they dont show up. Do the files need to be named in a certain way or is the normal name ok. Also when i get WinAVI to dump it straight onto the PSP. It works and plays. But it only dumps 9mb of the file.Its not mem storage on my PSP as i have a 4gig stick. It names the file m4v100 etc. So i was thinking maybe when i dump it onto the psp without using the winAVI prog it doesnt work due to the naming or maybe there is an extra stage in coverting. im not sure. Any help would be good.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:07 pm

The files need to be named properly.

on the root of the memory stick, there should be an MP_ROOT folder. Inside that, you should have a "100MNV01" folder. The files in that folder will be titled "MNVxxxxx.mp4" (where X is ANY number).

There is also a "101ANV01" folder for AVC movies. The AVC files should be named "MAQxxxxx.mp4 (where x is ANY number).

Hope that helps

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

maltonbranch

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:54 am

DarkPacMan77 wrote:The files need to be named properly.

on the root of the memory stick, there should be an MP_ROOT folder. Inside that, you should have a "100MNV01" folder. The files in that folder will be titled "MNVxxxxx.mp4" (where X is ANY number).

There is also a "101ANV01" folder for AVC movies. The AVC files should be named "MAQxxxxx.mp4 (where x is ANY number).

Hope that helps

-DarkPacMan77-

Dont mean to sound stupid but what is the difference between these folders. im trying to convert a AVI. I have tried a few programs which all seem to dump the file on the PSP after converting. but it doesnt work. plus also these two folders. which type of file goes in what folder?
<<

maltonbranch

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:07 am

The AVI file converted to a MQ file with a THQ file. But again when i place this in either folder the PSP doesnt pick it up. The only way films work is if i get them already converted. but thats limiting me which im abit gutted about as i would love to convert my own selection
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:29 pm

I don't mean to sound stupid either, but see, I don't keep videos in .avi format. There ARE converters that will work for you though, I know of that. I use this now. It is called the "Max Media Manager" by Datel. It has been out for a long time, so I am guessing that there are free programs that do the same thing, but this program is pretty simple. All you do is drag/drop the file into the list, and click convert. That said, you can "get" anything for free as long as you look in the right place.

-DarkPacMan77-

Return to PSP Tutorials