Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

[Tutorial] Compressing Playstation One .ISO's

<<

Mailas

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:47 am

What the hell? It already had the base? Probably came from maxconsole.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:41 pm

so no sound issues for you guys?

I am a huge fan of "The Legend of the Dragoon" and really want to experience this on portable... but as much as I like the game I can't get over the sound issues that I am experiencing. It does the same with FF Tactics as well. Seems that whenever there should be some decent bass in the speakers the sound glitches (w/ headphones & w/out).

I figured that perhaps the game was converted too much... so I deleted it off of my memory stick and followed this tutorial once again to the hilt (with FF Tactics)... only I put the compression level at 4 instead. The sound still glitches in the same way, though I think it cleared up a TINY bit. The difference between the compressions is:

Final Fantasy Tactics (lvl. 9 compression): 257mb
Final Fantasy Tactics (lvl. 4 compression): 260mb

I can spare the extra few mb, but do you guys think that running this through again at 0 or 1 compression will get rid of my problem?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Shmittyz

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:46 pm

DPman, I'm not sure where u got that glitch or if anyone else had the glitch as well where it came from. I've not had a sound issue. but like I said, I've not gotten FFT or FFVII to work at all.. I get the same glitches I sad not to be discouraged about. or it will load up to the screen that displays square, and then it freezes. Any ideas?
I wanna be a rockstar!
<<

Zyphxion

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:52 pm

I'm trying to convert FF9 (kick donkey game) and it gets to about 50% and then it says "Run-time Error '70' Permission Denied"

What am I doing wrong. I'm using Popstattion GUI2, should I be using something different?
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:21 pm

Shmittyz wrote:DPman, I'm not sure where u got that glitch or if anyone else had the glitch as well where it came from. I've not had a sound issue. but like I said, I've not gotten FFT or FFVII to work at all.. I get the same glitches I sad not to be discouraged about. or it will load up to the screen that displays square, and then it freezes. Any ideas?

The glitch isn't so much of a typical "glitch". The game is still 100% playable from what I can tell and the video plays 99-100%. I mean, it looks perfect and everything but the sound is goofy. I have tried to fix this by doing MANY things. It has got to the point that I have tried all levels of compression and found that the level of compression is not a factor in this case... so with my computer knowledge I could only imagine that my cd rom drive was going bad. I cracked the computer open, removed the drive, and tried two other drives. One of the drives was just too ungodly slow so I didn't keep it in there for testing. The other one was a good drive so I ripped my Final Fantasy Tactics again... and I noticed something weird.

When I ripped my FFT game on the first cd drive the filesize of the .iso was 557mb. When I ripped it the second time the file size was 470mb... and when I tried to compress that... it didn't work. Instead, it made a 1.89mb eboot that would only load to a black screen.

I can't say for certain... but it seems that our computers are just making bad rips... I just can't prove it... and it seems like I would be able to prove such a thing b/c I've made so many rips while trying to figure this out but I just can't get it yet.

*edit* instead of autopopstation 3 I am going to try autopopstation 4 and see if I have any more issues. I'll post back my results.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:58 pm

You don't need those actually

You should use this program instead

http://zingaburga.freehostia.com/forum/ ... php?tid=57

it's best if you upgrade to custom firmware version 3.03 oe-c

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:22 pm

Thanks for informing me of that; I didn't know that the PAL versions would work on 3.10 oe-a. There is a way to convert the PAL games to NTSC though, so if you have the time I'd always go with what is known to work, but if it works well then I guess PAL is ok now too.

Thanks for the 1 up, and welcome to the forums ;)

-DarkPacMan77-
Previous

Return to PSP Tutorials