Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:23 pm

[Tutorial] NeoGeo CD 2.3.1 Installation

Neo CD 2.3.1 Installation Tutorial

I havn't made a tutorial, so i decided i would start with this.

While this isn't a terribly Popular Emulator, it can be fun if you use it, so if you would like to try it out this tutorial will show you everything you need to know about Installing it on your Phat or Slim PSP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT YOU WILL NEED!

-A program like Winrar that can Unpack .ISO files.

-the Emulator for a psp-1000 or 2000 (phat or slim)

-For Phat Users

http://nj-emu.tfact.jp/files/ncdzpsp_2. ... kernel.zip

-Or for Slim Users

http://nj-emu.tfact.jp/files/ncdzpsp_2. ... x_user.zip

-Any games/roms you would like to play on it, which can be found in many places.

PM ME IF YOU NEED HELP WITH THESE NEXT TWO STEPS!

-You will need the Neo Geo CD bios "NEOCD.BIN"

-also you will need another file called 000-lo.lo (found in the NeoGeo.zip Bios file) which is different than the Neo Geo CD bios .BIN file. You need to search and download NeoGeo bios, it will be a .zip rather than a .BIN. Then Extract the 000-lo.lo from the NeoGeo.zip (bios folder)

--both of which go in the Main Folder of the Emulator, with the Eboot.--

Then put the NCDZPSP (Emulator) in the GAME folder of your PSP.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you have what is necessary to run the game files. Now you can install a game, for this tutorial, lets use the game Metal Slug.

Games will come in a .zip format, and will contain a .ISO file, and Several MP3s labeled Metal slug - track xx.mp3

Extract/or remove the .ISO file from the .zip that it came in to anywhere, i use the desktop.

Then, Unpack the .ISO with Winrar (or whatever you use), and extract the files inside the ISO into a folder. Select the Contents and put them in a zip folder (by right clicking after selecting the ISO's contents and choosing "send to -- compressed (zipped) folder).

Now you have basically the ISO file in .zip form. Take the MP3 files from the original folder of the game you downloaded, and put them in a regular folder named "mp3". Now place both the .zip folder that contains the ISO's files, and the folder "mp3", and put both in a regular folder. Name this folder containing the files the same name as the .zip folder inside.

So basically a single Neo CD game should be layed out as shown:

Metal Slug/
Metal Slug.zip <-----contains the files in the ISO
mp3 <-----contains the MP3 files from the downloaded game.

Now create (if not already present) a folder in the Emulator called "roms".
The folder should be in the same place as the Neocd.bin, and the Eboot.

Put the Folder that contains the .zip and the mp3 folders into the "roms" folder, and you are done... With One game :)

While i don't really expect anyone to use this tutorial, It was a major hassle figuring out how to make it run, and i dont want anyone else to go through the trouble over this emulator. If you read this and need help with the Bios or the 000-lo.lo, try using Google, if not PM Me someone on the Site who you think would know.
Last edited by Steeler12 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steeler12
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:52 pm

I don't have time right now, but I'll review this tutorial later and possibly make slight edits/ add it to the master tutorial list. This is actually quite useful for people that aren't as homebrew-minded.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to help contribute to the community with a tutorial for the first time.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:36 am

Good job, nice tutorial :).
<<

Steeler12

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:59 am

Thanks, maybe i'll try making another tutorial, but for something a little more widely used
Steeler12

Return to PSP Tutorials