<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:14 pm

[TUTORIAL] Loading gameboots from mem stick risk free

Alright to note, i'm not taking credit for this tutorial i found it in another forum on a different site. I'm just posting it here because i feel it will be beneficial to some of you who are worried about the risk of flashing your gameboots. Credit goes to Mime.

Hello guys

This is a Gameboot Path Modifier Tutorial on how to install it

I'll use my own created "PSPMOD" gameboot to teach you guys.

I tested the gameboot myself on my own PSP, I recorded It but the video at youtube wont have any sound because my Camera has the sound recording feature broken. But this does not mean the gameboot itself does not have sound. it does The sound for this gameboot is me saying "PSPMOD" I recorded myself saying it.

You can watch this PSPMOD Gameboot in Youtube the link to the video is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVJPOKKCZCI

If you like it and want to use it you can download it from here: -Remember to rename it 'gameboot' after you downloaded it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4zdhzgm42kz

************** EDIT **************
- How to install the Gameboot Feature on your Custom Firmware PSP -

I'm going to teach you guys how to install the one software I use to make the Gameboots work on a Custom Firmware PSP. I repeat ONLY! Custon Firwmare and I mean "OE" Versions. This is Gameboot Path Modifier. What this does is, it flashes your PSP and redirects how it reads the gameboot's path. Hence the name. So instead of reading it from ms0:/flash0/vsh/resource. In your Flash0 folder. It'll read the gameboot on the "ROOT" of your memory Stick after is installed. As simple as that.

Will this brick my PSP? NO. If you heard this bricks then its because some noob didnt have anough space on his Memory Stick when he flashed; or he took the Battery out or turned it off while doing it. The chance of bricking are stupidly low and in my opinion NONE.

Supported Firmwares:
3.02 OE-A
3.02 OE-B

3.03 OE-A
3.03 OE-A'
3.03 OE-B
3.03 OE-C *Tested it myself*
3.10 OE-A
3.10 OE-A' (Rev 2)

PROS:
1 You can easily delete your gameboot from your Memory Stick Root and just add another one. *Theres no need to flash everytime you want it different*

2 You can delete the gameboot file on the root and your PSP wont brick or freak out or freeze. So even if theres no gameboot file on your root everything is going to be all right.

3 IF theres a new Custom Firmware released you can just delete all the files on your Memory Stick and install your new version of a Custom Firmware. In other words this software WONT interfere or increase your chance of bricking. Even if you have this for 3.02 OE and you update to 3.03 OE. It'll be completely fine and safe, and by the time you upgraded the gameboot path modifier will be just 'gone' for good. Then reinstall it again.

4 There absolutely NO size limit for your gameboots since they are running straight from your Memory Stick. So go ahead and add any size gameboot you have.

*** Installation ***

__________________________________________________ _________

1. Download these two files I uploaded myself (Get the right Opening_plugin.prx for your firmware version.

- Gameboot Path Modifier

http://www.mediafire.com/?2lymndr4zmn

- opening_plugin.prx for 3.02 OEs

http://www.mediafire.com/?akd22wzr2uk

- opening_plugin.prx for 3.03 OEs

http://www.mediafire.com/?fwxc0elzzy0

- opening_plugin.prx for 3.10 OEs

http://www.mediafire.com/?djzik3ytitd

__________________________________________________ _________

2. Place them both in a folder or anywhere you want and extract "gameboot Path Modifier. A folder will be created with the content in it.

3. Now copy the file "Opening_plugin.prx" in the root of your Memory Stick.

4. Now you are going to place the extracted folder on your GAME or GAME150 folder. Depending on your Kernel setting in your own recovery mode settings. In my case a Custom Firware 3.02 or 3.03 its GAME150.

5. Now that opening_plugin.prx is on the root of you MS and GBMOD is on your GAME or GAME150 your ready to RUN the program from "GAME" Menu on your XMB and then go to your Memory Card you'll find the Gameboot Path Modifier in there. RUN IT. Its called "Gameboot MS0 Mod" This will flash your PSP.

6. Now if everything was installed the right away. Go to your PSP folder on your Memory Stick and you'll see TWO files. THey are the backup of your
*Opening_plugin.prx" and "Gameboot.pmf" In case they get deleted the software will read these two. How safe is that. GO check you have them.

7. Your done!! get any gameboot you have and place it on your Root of your MS.

NOTE: The gameboot has to be named " gameboot.pmf " or it will NOT work. make sure its always named like that.

I hope you guys enjoy it and if you have any questions let me know. I'll try my best.

Mime.
Last edited by staxx on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:08 pm

works for me. Nice windows theme btw, looks nice. I'm going to add this to the master guide.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:11 am

meh, I like flashing it better, I like reaching into the flash, and it makes my memory stick look cleaner.
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:46 pm

Supashay91 wrote:meh, I like flashing it better, I like reaching into the flash, and it makes my memory stick look cleaner.

I do as well, but some people are completely terrified of modding the flash0, so this really helps out for those people. I'd recommend it for newbies that want to get their feet a little wet into the psp hacking/ modding scene.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Sullivan

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:24 pm

Not only that but it makes some weird boot up and then your cold boot is sort of messed up dont do this!
I am currently going through recovery to clean my flash up! I didn't brick my psp! I just didn't want that messed up cold boot!
I'm picky get used to it !
Updated Stats:
UMDGames: GTA:LCS, NFSC: OTC, Socom FTB2, Gangs of London, Scarface. | Memstick: Sony 4GB
Firmware History: 2.21 > 2.81 > 3.03 > 3.03 HEN > 1.50 > 3.03 OE-C > Bricked > 3.03 OE-C
Ive Spent Over 800$+ On My Sony PSP .:|:. I PWN Sony! Dark_AleX < Sony .:|:. I got my psp on Dec 25, 2006
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat May 05, 2007 10:52 pm

This program doesnt touch your opening_plugin.rco. So if theres something wrong with your startup, then its because you tampered with the file yourself.

However, if your getting coldboot and gameboot confused and you actually meant gameboot. I'm assuming that the screen you are seeing is just a frozen gameboot screen that doesnt make any sound and just stays frozen with the same image until the game starts. This would be because you didnt put a gameboot on your memory stick. If you read through the tutorial you would know that though. :wink:
<<

Salzgablah

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 pm

So is there a method like this for those of us with CFW 3.9 M33 or will this work also?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Fri May 30, 2008 5:01 pm

Return to PSP Tutorials