<<

fallen

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Custom Firmware

Hey guys! I was just thinking that I really haven't updated my PSP's custom firmware and a long time. (Still have 3.90 M33-3) and I was wondering if it really is worth the hassle of updating to the newest CFW? If so? Why? It seems every firmware does basically the same thing.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:58 am

I basically stopped..

My bud said goto 5.00 m33 and i did, but i dont ever play my psp anymore, so i dont see the point..

Prolly gonna sell that clear beast!
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:50 pm

I'm at 5.00 M33-4 and I'm quite happy with it. I could go higher but I'm quite happy with what I have. If you hit select, it brings up a little menu to choose which pops driver or UMD driver or w/e as well as being able to choose the speed of the processor on the fly (in the XMB). It's a nice change and there's extra "themes" I can use. There's the 12 "classic" themes for the months and I believe 24 additional colors for newer themes with a what I believe is the "PS3 wave", if I'm not mistaken. In any sense, it's pretty classy and I think it's worth the upgrade if you're interested in checking newer firmware out althought CFW goes higher than that too.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:01 am

I haven't tried much the other CFW's, but I've stuck to 3.90M33-3. I'd recommend you stick on there, since there are a lot o programs that could be run on there with usual excellent performance; whether it be from ISO's, to ROM games, it always gets me going and rarely fails.
由美子
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:11 pm

i am also on 5.00 m33-4 no real compatibility issues here. cfw is getting a little ridiculous now though. quick jump is full of people hating on the gen firmwares. dont listen and try em out if you like. its not like we cant just pandora out of everything we hate.
"Life isn't about changing the world. Its about doing your best to leave it the way it is and respecting the wills of others. and believing in your own." - Big Boss
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:57 pm

CTF. plain and simple. plus, patching your iso EBOOT.BIN (my tut) you get the newer games.

sadly, still no PS Store cuz sony's b*tches
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.

Return to PSP Help