Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

3.40 OE-A : adding themes?

<<

worked

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:24 pm

3.40 OE-A : adding themes?

I found this tutorial describing how to add themes to a custom psp using fw 3.03 OE-C:

http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7725

Do these directions apply to 3.40 OE-A as well??

Thanks!
<<

AKIRA

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:28 pm

U must convert ur top_menu_plugin.rco for 3.40 oe-a
CONVERTER: http://endlessparadigm.com/forum/showth ... p?tid=1171

other then that, its pretty much the same

MAKE BACKUPS! and ENJOY
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:41 pm

Yea, that tut goes for 3.40OE-A too. I suggest though first, that you do it manually. Even I know what I'm doing, and I still don't use programs like Theme switcher. And I'm pretty sure other members can agree. And like Akira said, if you want to be on the safe side, convert your top_menu_plugin to 3.40 before you flash your xmb.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

worked

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:51 pm

Sorry for the noobness, but I have to "convert 303 Topmenu to 330/340" even though I'm already using custom fw 3.40 OE-A?

I'd like to know how to do it manually... Is the "Description of recovery mode - flash0 and instructions for use" in the tut mentioned above considered manual instructions? If not, can you point me to a tut or post that might help me.

Also, how do you make backups and of what? Is it when you have access to the flash0 folder from the computer, from when I toggle to USB (flash0) in the recovery mode? Back those files up?

Thanks!
<<

AKIRA

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:42 pm

wen u download a top_menu_plugin.rco run that converter and it will make a new top_menu_plugin.rco that is compatible with 3.40 oe-a or 3.30 oe-a.

(it converts any top_menu to those FW)
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:39 pm

Yes the link you pointed out is the manual way of doing it. Yes, just toggle flash0 and then copy the folders and paste them into an area that you will remember. Also if you havent done so already, you will probably want to use the tutorial for clearing flash0 space. If you run out of flash0 space while adding these files it might result in a brick/semi-brick.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:45 pm

Yea, just to clarify staxx post, you need to copy (I would) all the folders in flash0 and put them somewhere safe on your computer. Then you can go about manually flashing the xmb by copying edited files from the computer to the psp ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.

Return to PSP Help