63%
Mac
6%

Total votes : 16
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:17 pm

Mac vs. Linux vs. Windows.

here ars sum arguemets that arose

TheTyler0013 wrote:I am sick of LINUX fanboys. OMFG. You hate Microsoft and Mac why? because there are successful? there Product has some bugs (yeah they can be big ones? there not perfect? your to lazy to wait a max of 3min for your pc/mac to load or 8min cuz you hace so much S**t on ur pc/mac? i mean hell i dont have to go into my system and crap to get a little internet browser to work or games or programs. i just install and run. Windows 7 yes runs amazingly its like reborn xp. Snow leopard on mac runs great to. these companies took linux (oh and almost all OS have sum linux base in it somewhere) and built upon the foundation to make it USER friendly.

Now I am not a Microsoft or Mac Fanboy. I just have had good terms no problems with them both (cept for VISTA i mea n WTF) so damn i am sorry LINUX is not all everyone makes it to me. I dont claim to know everything about Comps cus there are stuff i dont know. But i do have my A+ Certification.

LAZY A** Butts. ugh. sorry for the rant. continue the topic..........

airplanes18 wrote:well ill tell you what. im a linux workstation. i am a fan boy. just because MS and MAC cannot get a frikkin clue on proper programing doesnt mean u need to bash on my linux. if mac is linux based, why doesnt it run DEBIAN PACKAGES? tell me that. its cuz they arent. those donkey holes claim MS took there OS when they themselvse stole XEROEX's OS long time back. they are all c**ks!! linux is origionaly coded and easily the best OS ever. compatibility of windows with the awesomeness of linux OS;s. my dads mac crashed cuz it wasnt turned on in 3 weeks. thats frikken retarded. idiots cant make an OS work correctly and they cant make their OS compatible with ANYTHING!! so mac fail windows is mac only not uber gay and BOTH OF YOUR PRECIOUS OS'S HAVE VIRUSES. dont let any old do**he bag tell you other wise. Mac is laced with them, windows..... you know. linux..... NONE TO COUNT FOR. and you wanna know something? THE MILITARY TRUSTS LINUX OVER MAC AND WINDOWS ANY DAY. heres a link to a site of this and other companies. so the next time you try and tell ME that linux is bad, i WILL bring this up and youll realize, "crap, hes right" because my stories are based on FACTS morons, FACTS.

http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linux2.html
Blam, and now im done

BKFraiders7 wrote:@ Airplanes-

1. Watch you Language. Now yor going to have to make me go through your post and make some **s.

2. Get your "facts" straight. Microsoft was made before the official Macintosh OS.

3. The reason linux apps do not run on macintosh is simple- apple customized it and made it so. That doesnt mean it is not based on it.

4. Im sure a user error was involved with your fathers computer. In fact, i can guarantee it.

5. Are you calling Apple idiots so they aren't compatible with anything..or Linux? If so there is another thing wrong. Its not that they cant, its cause they dont want to. Monopoly my friend...and they are making money on their products. This also comes from the "It Just Works" slogan since apple has complete control over what they distribute.

6. Kinda hard not to have a virus with SO many more people choosing, purchasing, and using Windows & Macs ;) Besides that, Macs are VERY immune to viruses.

7. Its hard to trust your source on Linux with the military because of it being a Linux site you got it from. Thus your source is biased and cant be accounted for.

Here is 2 sites speaking of a "partnership" between a highly recognizable military corporation with Microsoft:

http://ca.news.finance.yahoo.com/s/1211 ... tners.html

http://gizmodo.com/5383679/lockheed-mar ... y-internet

you continue the DISCUSSION

have fun 8)
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:23 pm

Personally when it comes to Operating Systems, I really am not a fanboy for any of them. I mean I really do like all 3 for the main reasons that they are developed. I love mac's for video editing at school, I like pc's to play video games on or Microsoft office 2007, and I like linux because of it's very quick startup times, functionality, reliability. It takes a lot of resources to develop a successful operating system and I believe a lot of people forget about that. Besides in the end for companies, yes they need to make customers happy but at the end of the day the only reason they update their OS's is to get their paycheck at the end of the week. Perfect example is Apple, and now Microsoft is doing the same thing with the xbox 360 only allowing Microsoft products to be used on it.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:57 pm

I've been stuck on Leopard for a few months now...
Argh!
I hate it! Installing it corrupted my Windows partition. :(
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:50 pm

I am not a fanboy of any operating system company or OS itself, however, I am a fanboy of the operating system that gets me the best stability and compatibility for the tasks that I use the computer for. Only Windows has provided me with what I need. I prefer Linux as a second place and MAC 3rd mainly because Apple won't just sell their operating system independently of itself or offer me anything a Windows PC can't do without costing fives times more.

If I could get everything running on Linux like I have on Windows, I'd be a happy camper. And no, before any Linux fans mention "WINE" or "Cedega" or w/e it is... that's not the "support" I'm looking for. Been there, done that, and Windows takes the cake.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:54 pm

This topic was completely my idea...

anyways I really like Linux over Windows, its actually way better, the only prob is that growing up we have always used NTFS partions and Linux can't use those.. Other than that all is great... Yeah Linux has some disadvantages, but then for a customer, look at the price. 0 to $399, Mac isn't that cheap ($29) but it doesn't work on PCs... And that really pisses me off..

My Rankings :

1. Ubuntu Linux
2. Windows 7 and XP (I give them both second place)
3. Mac OS

My s**t > Vista
-Formerly DCM
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:56 pm

$29 is if you had already gotten the regular Leopard
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Mailas

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Windows > Linux > Everything > Mac

How ever Linux is incredibly when it comes to compatibility and is a great tool for development.
I managed to get my schools network password using linux and my little friend John-The-Ripper.

Mac users, I feel sorry for you.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 am

Da Cool Man wrote:This topic was completely my idea...

anyways I really like Linux over Windows, its actually way better, the only prob is that growing up we have always used NTFS partions and Linux can't use those.. Other than that all is great... Yeah Linux has some disadvantages, but then for a customer, look at the price. 0 to $399, Mac isn't that cheap ($29) but it doesn't work on PCs... And that really pisses me off..

My Rankings :

1. Ubuntu Linux
2. Windows 7 and XP (I give them both second place)
3. Mac OS

My s**t > Vista

Tyler made it so don't steal his credit.

Tbh, Linux is rubbish and when ever you say this in a public place or network you always get people saying "Oww its because you don't know how to use it" well i don't know how to use a rocket but i think they are bluddy amazing. :/
in my PERSONAL experience windows 7 on MY COMPUTER is only a few seconds slower then linux, and when you consider compatibility for example, Linux can't use some basic stuff Flash properly, and WINE doesn't work nicely no thanks,
i don't know of any just bought CD's that work straight for linux accept the linux cd thing that i have.

Windows 7>XP>Linux>Vista>mac
Being redone
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:32 am

got part of idea from him. but i acally went and made the thread.
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:46 am

linux and osx are niche, windows will always be king until technology takes a huge leap forward and computing as we know it is changed.

Windows does it all
OSX does a lot
Linux just emulates
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:25 am

TheTyler0013 wrote:got part of idea from him. but i acally went and made the thread.

it was a joke anyways...
-Formerly DCM
<<

Mailas

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:04 pm

brentbizzle wrote:Image

linux and osx are niche, windows will always be king until technology takes a huge leap forward and computing as we know it is changed.

Windows does it all
OSX does a lot
Linux just emulates

I know that windows is capable of virtual machines, but is Mac?
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Malias, Tell me how to get jack the Ripper to work please?

and to all your anal-yzing my stuff, my "facts" arent wrong. microsoft "stole" (says steven Jobs *douche extrodinare* their OS, wich they stole from XEROX. Bull Crap. i should also point out the HUGE security holes in macs, like the ability to get in the bios no sweat without a password or ANY protection.

THERE WAS NO USER ERROR IN MY DADS LAPTOP. nothing moved, nothing changed, nothing moved. its a mac. and why would remove debian package compatibility? linux is stable. mac is not.

I SEE THAT YOU FORGOT TO NOTICE MY LINK, BKF. what, dont you realize how correct i am? quit picking out the stuff you dont like and festering on it when you know you've lost. you havent done ANY view of the other side. i know macs. they are STRICTLY graphical design computers. honestly, if i designed media arts, id probably use a mac. its what they are intended for. NOT PERSONAL COMPUTERS. HENCE P.C.

I have acknowledged both sides of the story, and you have supported one. so. stand on one leg the rest of your life, andd see how long you can actually stand up.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:03 pm

airplanes18 wrote:Malias, Tell me how to get jack the Ripper to work please?

and to all your anal-yzing my stuff, my "facts" arent wrong. microsoft "stole" (says steven Jobs *douche extrodinare* their OS, wich they stole from XEROX. Bull Crap. i should also point out the HUGE security holes in macs, like the ability to get in the bios no sweat without a password or ANY protection.

THERE WAS NO USER ERROR IN MY DADS LAPTOP. nothing moved, nothing changed, nothing moved. its a mac. and why would remove debian package compatibility? linux is stable. mac is not.

I SEE THAT YOU FORGOT TO NOTICE MY LINK, BKF. what, dont you realize how correct i am? quit picking out the stuff you dont like and festering on it when you know you've lost. you havent done ANY view of the other side. i know macs. they are STRICTLY graphical design computers. honestly, if i designed media arts, id probably use a mac. its what they are intended for. NOT PERSONAL COMPUTERS. HENCE P.C.

I have acknowledged both sides of the story, and you have supported one. so. stand on one leg the rest of your life, andd see how long you can actually stand up.

I read that with a sence of bull crap in my head, sorry but that seemed to get boring, honestly if your computer completly brakes and nothing works you cannot blame a OS, it most likely was a USER ERROR.
and your completly biast towards linux, who cares if macro$cam stole it or W/E macro$cam make decent working Operating System were as linux are only as good as macs.
stop turning this Debate into a arguement.

and you forget you don't have facts you have secondary information that most likely got put on wikapedia by someone who saw secondary info, so by the time its got onto wikapedia its like 1000thendary info and it makes no sence, abit like chineese whispers. Just stop with the personal attacks to be honest with you its not good.
"quit picking out the stuff you dont like and festering on it when you know you've lost"
Windows is clearly better than linux. There is a reason people would pay £200 for ultimate. and wouldn't pay $0.02 for Linux.
Being redone
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:08 pm

isnt a debate simply an organized argument? and what user error could POSSIBLY cause a computer to crash when it WASNT TOUCHED? there is no USER in thst ERROR
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
Next

Return to General Chat