Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

i need help on mame on the wii console please!!!

<<

shadowskater79

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:40 pm

i need help on mame on the wii console please!!!

okay the mame is sucessfully on my wii console now when i go to load a rom i guess i have one full rom that i am aware of it even has a pic of it as a icon and two other rom files that look like they were just downloaded and it is not a folder now when i extract those two it comes up with like 6 or 7 different files in it okay well on mame i can not choose which one i guess because it thinks theres only one? the one with the i guess gif image as the file? it says that date the file and all but when it goes to load it it says missing files and ext. i need to know if i am putting the right kind of roms into this emulator and what to look for and what to put into my roms folder for this app. my sega,sms,fcefx,nintendo,vba all work perfect except tat sms the game gear files do not work good at all on that emulator but thats off topic. please tell me what files can be placed into this emulator like sms smc gc gb that kind of stuff the stuff to look for when putting into my roms folder.

Thank you home brew.
Shadow's are imortal but what about us.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:08 am

Basicly, what emulater are you trying to use, and what format are these Roms.
.sms?
.iso
whatever.
For Super nintendo it should be .sms
Being redone
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:24 am

This topic is kind of old, but I thought I'd chime in. Typically, MAME uses ROM "sets" which are zip files containing multiple files. You don't need to extract the individual files. Just put the zips in the right folder and the emulator should find them and present you with a list of available games to start.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials