Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

OS emulators?

<<

trench762

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:23 pm

OS emulators?

sorry for bein a noob around here, just did the bannerbomb hack yesterday, games and emulators are running great on the wii now. My question is what exactly can you do with linux/pc emulators on the wii, I assumed maybe running firefox or something wouldn't be out of the question, if I wanted to run firefox can I do it with one of these, if so how. Secondly I noticed that Hugo loads pc roms...at first I got excited cause I thought I might be able to run some older pc games like warcraft 3 or Alice off of the disc drive. Nope, then I tried loading an older game, the original legacy of kain from a cd I had backed it up on, no luck there. So what does the PC rom format have to be? Is it for DOS games or something? Could I run LoK if it were on DVD, SD or USB? I'm just new to homebrew and overwhelmed by how cool it is, but other than the freeware stuff I wanna know what it's capable of, what cool stuff can you do with linux? And is there anywhere that's easy to find the clearwater mod for quake? I've tried certain searches but they usually bring up Creedance Clearwater, not that that's a bad thing :)
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Ive been in the Wii Scene along time, And their isnt a PC emulator, what you speak of isn't *ATM I RECON* possible due to the hardware limitations with the Nintendo Console.
Thanks, Alex.
Being redone
<<

trench762

Post Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:34 pm

sorry, I thought hugo was a pc emulator, what can hugo do then?
<<

metri3

Young Brewer

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:01 pm

Hugo

Hugo is a PC Engine emulator (which in America is the Turbografx 16). It runs *.pce files. It can play lots of cool games. Just google for them.
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:21 am

I believe there is a version of DosBox for the Wii. That should be able to run some older games (but probably not the two that the OP mentioned by name). Look in the downloads section here or get the Homebrew Browser.
<<

Mailas

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Linux can run on the Wii now? Amazing.
Virtual consoles ftw.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:45 pm