<<

westsideknicks

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm

cIos38 help

did the turtiol on wii hacks and got a problem

WHen i get to this part......d) Run cIOS38 r14 installer, select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.

it gets to the end of the install and on install custom ios it says error 2011....which is crazy due to formated card with around 900mb free and no errors during the install from the first steps..please help

also do i really need this to play backup games?
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Yes you do need it.
and the Error is because of you wii ive had it nothing to do with your SD card.
i think if i remember right as i first got this error, that you need to downgrade a wii's ios.
http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/4.0NoCIOSfix.rar
That should work.
make sure you got nothing pirated on your card and wii though as it searches it first.
Being redone
<<

westsideknicks

Young Brewer

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:14 pm

yes i did that first...i had that trustbuster or something its called where i downlgraded then load the ios36 then restore.....then it told me to do the cios thing and thas the error
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:11 pm

Im not sure why it isn't working.
try posting @ GbaTemp.net
or go into irc.freenode.net #GamingExposed or #Cios.
Being redone
<<

westsideknicks

Young Brewer

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:19 pm

no luck
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Could you link me to the Tutorial you used please.
Also when did you get your wii, If its resent im not Sure if you can downgrade your IOS's *Rumour in gbafail.net*
im not sure why it isn't working. Tutorial link and are have a look please.
Being redone
<<

westsideknicks

Young Brewer

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 pm

Alex Finlay wrote:Could you link me to the Tutorial you used please.
Also when did you get your wii, If its resent im not Sure if you can downgrade your IOS's *Rumour in gbafail.net*
im not sure why it isn't working. Tutorial link and are have a look please.

ok here it is....also i got the wii actually a few months before the release date a few yrs ago...its verison menu 4.1u

heres the link:
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faq ... y-wii.html

if it dont ocme up heres whas posted::

This guide will fully modify your Wii to safely play backup games, it works on all wiis up to 4.1 regardless of serial number/region etc this includes boot2 v4 Wiis aka 'LU64-65' models, If you bought your Wii this year and it came with 3.4+ on it then it will be a boot2 v4. If you are on 4.2 then do this excellent guide by messie to modify your Wii.
When completed you will have everything you need to play backups and the SD card does not have to be left in, you can delete everything off it if you wish.

Make sure you do the steps in the right order or you could run into problems, and read the guide through a couple of times before trying it. Read ALL OF IT! Most problems arise from people not reading the instructions properly or not using a compatible SD card, a plain 2gb one is best. If you are buying a new one try and get a Sandisk.

All you need is an SD card formatted to FAT32, an internet connection on your Wii and these files: DOWNLOAD - MIRROR

Before you start make sure Wiiconnect 24 is off as it can stop bannerbomb working, you may turn it back on once you have completed the guide.

If you get errors during any of the steps format your card with this tool.

TAKE OUT ALL GAMECUBE MEMORY CARDS/CONTROLLERS

1. INSTALL BOOTMII AND THE HOMEBREW CHANNEL

a). Put all the files from ‘copy to sd card.rar’ onto the root of the SD Card. It should look like this when done.

b). Insert the SD card into Wii.

c). Go to Wii Options, then go to Data Management > Channels > SD Card, then you will get a message saying "Load boot.elf?" , select 'Yes' and the Hackmii installer will run.

d). Install Bootmii as boot2 if you can, if not then install it as an IOS then go back and install the Homebrew Channel.

2. BACK UP YOUR NAND (OPTIONAL)

Making a NAND backup with Bootmii is highly recommended, it will recover your Wii from 99.9% of bricks.
Use the same SD card you used to install Bootmii and make sure there is at least 530mb free on it.
Bootmii is very fussy about what SD cards it uses, so avoid generic ones and try and use a Sandisk or similar.

a) Put the SD card into the Wii, if you installed Bootmii as boot2 then it will load, if it is installed as an IOS go to the Homebrew Channel, press 'home' on your wiimote and select 'Launch Bootmii'.

b) Use the power/reset/eject buttons to navigate the Bootmii menu and select the icon with the gears on it. If those buttons don't work then you will have to use a Gamecube controller.

c) Now select the icon with a green arrow pointing from the chip to the SD card and follow the on screen instructions.

D) In about 10 mins you will have a NAND backup, it is normal to have up to 80 bad blocks so don't worry if you get some.

e) Put the SD card into PC and copy the NAND backup somewhere safe, you can now delete it from your card. If you installed Bootmii as boot2 then also copy the Bootmii folder to your PC and either delete or rename it, otherwise it will load every time you switch your Wii on.

If ever you get bricked then copy the bootmii folder and NAND backup onto your card, do steps a) & b) again, using Preloader to get to HBC if necessary, then select the icon with the arrow going from the SD card to the chip. It is not recommended to restore your NAND if you have Bootmii installed as an IOS.

3. GET A CIOS

You may want to check this video before you do this stage. The only difference is that you can select 'load IOS from SD card' instead of download from NUS.

a) Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, keep an eye on what it is doing and make sure you select 'load from sd card' when it asks & don't get any errors.

b) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time select to load IOS15 on first screen using dpad left/right, then select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.

c) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.

d) Run cIOS38 r14 installer, select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.

4. UPDATE YOUR SYSTEM MENU VERSION (OPTIONAL)

This step is optional unless you are on 3.3 or 3.4, you may upgrade now if you wish, boot2 v4 owners cannot downgrade! but can upgrade if you want. If you want to update to 4.1 then make sure you have at least 250 blocks free or you will brick, install IOS60-patched first (step 5a), then run Firmware Updater 4.1. If you are on 3.3 or 3.4 then you must update.

5. THE FINAL STEP

Preloader is also an optional install, if you don't want it just skip b & c, but you must do step d, system menu hacks can be taken care of by Starfall (3.2) or startpatch (4/4.1), if you want them click my sig and have a look through my mediafire. There are no system hacks for 3.3/3.4. There are now Preloader hacks for 4.1J Wiis.

a) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - make sure you do this before you install Preloader. If you installed it in step 4 then skip this part. Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

b). Open the Homebrew Channel and load Preloader, press 1 to install. After install, your Wii should reboot and load the Preloader menu. If it doesn't, turn your wii off and on again whilst holding down reset and it will load the Preloader menu.

c) Select 'system hacks' in the Preloader menu, and enable the hacks that you want - 'skip disc update check' and the region free ones are all you need. Select 'save settings' and wait for confirmation message to display 'settings saved'. Press B to go back, and enter Settings. Set 'Autoboot: System Menu' using D-Pad, then select save settings. Press B to return to main Preloader menu.

d) In the Preloader menu select Homebrew Channel (if you didn't install Preloader then just open HBC as normal), run Wad Manager 1.4, use default settings (IOS249 & SD card) and install these wads from the 'wad' folder:

IOS38-64-v3610
IOS50-64-v4889
IOS53-64-v5149
IOS55-64-v5149
NeoGammaR7

Then restart your Wii.

All done! You will now have the safety/hacks of Preloader & Bootmii, NeoGamma R7 backup loader that has 99% compatibility, cIOS249 r14, IOS38, 53 & 55 for newer games and IOS50 to help prevent disc update bricks. If you ever need to access Preloader's settings hold down 'reset' when switching your Wii on.
If you get the 'system files corrupted' screen don't panic, just reinstall preloader and if that doesn't fix it reinstall your current system menu with Wad Manager.

UPDATES

If you want to update your cIOS in the future or if you want to install a different one just run the installer and select ios249 as the one it should use, it will overwrite the old one so no need to uninstall. If you want to update Neogamma go to wii options > data management > channels and delete the old one first, then just install the new one with wad manager.
If you want more hacks for Preloader have a look at them here, and copy/paste them to your hacks.ini file. Make sure there is one blank line at the bottom.

OPTIONAL

Install the new 4..2 shop channel with Wad Manager - Download

Install USB Loader GX & WBFS Manager 3 - Download - Mirror

Install cIOS56 to play Guitar Hero 5/Beatles from the disc channel - Download

Install the new cIOScorp 3.4 for DVDR loading through Disc Channel - (works on all wiis) - Download - make sure you read the readme!

Install the Internet Channel - NTSC-U, PAL or NTSC-J

Use your Wii as a media player with MPlayer CE & DVDX

Get some emulators for all your old favourites (better than vc except for N64)
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Oked i askex in #Gaming_Exposed as this is a matter i never had to do, when he said i completely facepalmed as i should of realised:
<+kLiNiKaL> Alex_Finlay get him to run through TBR
<+kLiNiKaL> downgrade IOS15, and run the installer from there
<+kLiNiKaL> TruchaBug Restorer

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7340 for Trucha bug Restorer

<+kLiNiKaL> he says he done it
<+kLiNiKaL> but he mustnt of done it properly
<+kLiNiKaL> can u get him on here

They are true experts on this i may act like i know it all but when stuff doesn't go right i get confused.
Anyways i RECOMMEND you join this channel and they will help.

Ok i just recently got this
<+kLiNiKaL> ask him to try running the installer from 15 instead of 36
Use IOS 15 instead of 36 when doing the installer then tell us what happons.
Being redone
<<

westsideknicks

Young Brewer

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Alex Finlay wrote:Oked i askex in #Gaming_Exposed as this is a matter i never had to do, when he said i completely facepalmed as i should of realised:
<+kLiNiKaL> Alex_Finlay get him to run through TBR
<+kLiNiKaL> downgrade IOS15, and run the installer from there
<+kLiNiKaL> TruchaBug Restorer

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7340 for Trucha bug Restorer

<+kLiNiKaL> he says he done it
<+kLiNiKaL> but he mustnt of done it properly
<+kLiNiKaL> can u get him on here

They are true experts on this i may act like i know it all but when stuff doesn't go right i get confused.
Anyways i RECOMMEND you join this channel and they will help.

Ok i just recently got this
<+kLiNiKaL> ask him to try running the installer from 15 instead of 36
Use IOS 15 instead of 36 when doing the installer then tell us what happons.

ok just tried and same error it extracts patches then gets to the customer ios install part and say the erorr 2011
checked sd card and have room.... should i just reformat my sd card and start everything over??
<<

westsideknicks

Young Brewer

Post Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 am

ok i just started the tbr over again and now it worked and the c34 worked now im on the part to do the wad for the preloader:

a) If you are on system menu 4/4.1 use Wad Manager with default settings (IOS249 & SD card) to install IOS60-patched.wad - make sure you do this before you install Preloader. If you installed it in step 4 then skip this part. Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!

but when i go to wad it give me option of press a to un (install) a wad file, and b to select storge(which takes me back) the instructions say DONT uninstall it will case a brick what i do now??
<<

EbilRogue

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:13 pm

why do i keep getting the "you are a pirate" message when trying to run the downgrader? There is nothing else on the card except for the files from the 4.0NoCIOSfix.rar
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:40 pm

If you have pirited software on your wii i think it pops up im not totaly sure on this as mine went smoothly, do you have any pirated software on your wii it includes any wads and anysoftware that shouldn't be there.
Being redone
<<

EbilRogue

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:52 pm

no, the wii is still fairly new. just getting into the modding of the wii. i have homebew channel and had some other emulators under the apps directory. i even used a clean SD card to try to run it and still got the same error. should i run the "delete" process so the wii cleans itself out again?
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

when you ran the Nociox process did you have anything on your card Atall?
and i have a feeling it could be the new Homebrew channel because of the different name possibly, not sure though i dnno why it isnt working for you if there is No modded items on your wii or nothing but that program on your sd card though.
Being redone
<<

EbilRogue

Post Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:19 pm

re: Nociox and Homebrew

Are you saying that I should delete the Homebrew channel and anything else on my card and essentially try to start over as if I were doing this from scratch?

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials