Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

How do I Upgrade to 3.4?

<<

Verrsili

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:18 pm

How do I Upgrade to 3.4?

I have a NTSC version 3.3 wii that has been softmodded.

I tried playing a backup version of modern warfare. It was a pal version and I got a problem that a few other people have had. At boot up it just stayed a black screen. I tried rebooting with hooks, but then I got the #002 error. I thought it was a bad dump so I got the NTSC version but it did the same thing. I finally decided to buy it, but it said I needed to update my wii. So I tried launching it from the backup launcher, and rebooting from hooks, but.... the black screen. After some more research I found out I needed a 3.4 wii for it to work. My question is how do I update to 3.4, because if I updated through the wii it would update me to 4.2, and from 4.2 you cant downgrade it deletes homebrew and everything. Does anyone know how to do this?
micheal
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:53 am

i would upgrade to 4.0 using waninkoko's firmware upgrader.
Being redone
<<

Verrsili

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:57 pm

Found out

Nevermind it doesn't matter. I figured out I needed to install custom IOS 14 then get a new backup launcher (neogamma)
It's working great now :D
micheal
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:32 am

I ran into a similar problem when trying to start a WiiWare game. As Mr. Finlay recommended, the "Safe 4.0 updater" by Waninkoko was the fix. I highly recommend it, if only to avoid similar problems cropping up in the future. Should be easy to find via google.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials