Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wad Manager Ret = -1

<<

Verrsili

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Wad Manager Ret = -1

Before anyone criticizes me, yes I have looked through the forums. And anyways this is a serious problem that A LOT of people are having and nobody has come up with %100 fix yet. This is NOT a LU64 or LU 65 wii either.
So here's my story:
I hacked my friends wii a while ago using the twilight hack. His wii was system menu 3.3. I got homebrew working and installed dvdx, got a backup launcher working and his wad manager worked. He was happy for a while then he needed to get his rock band instruments working (because they can't connect on a backup launcher.) I looked around a little and found the fix for installing custom IOS 37 with 36. Voila, it worked. All was good until one day he tried to get a backup launcher channel that forced ntsc. Let me say this again, his wad manager worked perfectly wit the SD card he was using before, but now for some reason it gave me the *drum-roll* ret = -1 error. At this point he didn't really need to have any channels so it didn't matter. Later he accidentally installed something that overwrote the custom IOS 37 with 36. Easy I said just try to install again. So I get there and start the installation, it finishes the downloading and starts installing but after a few seconds....... I got a -1 error. :evil: I've tried re-downloading stuff, formatting his SD card, even making the Custom IOS installation the boot file in bannerbomb, nothing has worked.
And before anybody ask, the folder is named wad not wads, the wadmanager is in the right location etc. And I am pretty sure it is not his sd card because the sd card worked before, and I got a -1 error from trying to install something that was downloaded from the internet...... ANY help would be appreciated
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Wad Manager Ret = -1

Verrsili wrote:Before anyone criticizes me, yes I have looked through the forums. And anyways this is a serious problem that A LOT of people are having and nobody has come up with %100 fix yet. This is NOT a LU64 or LU 65 wii either.
So here's my story:
I hacked my friends wii a while ago using the twilight hack. His wii was system menu 3.3. I got homebrew working and installed dvdx, got a backup launcher working and his wad manager worked. He was happy for a while then he needed to get his rock band instruments working (because they can't connect on a backup launcher.) I looked around a little and found the fix for installing custom IOS 37 with 36. Voila, it worked. All was good until one day he tried to get a backup launcher channel that forced ntsc. Let me say this again, his wad manager worked perfectly wit the SD card he was using before, but now for some reason it gave me the *drum-roll* ret = -1 error. At this point he didn't really need to have any channels so it didn't matter. Later he accidentally installed something that overwrote the custom IOS 37 with 36. Easy I said just try to install again. So I get there and start the installation, it finishes the downloading and starts installing but after a few seconds....... I got a -1 error. :evil: I've tried re-downloading stuff, formatting his SD card, even making the Custom IOS installation the boot file in bannerbomb, nothing has worked.
And before anybody ask, the folder is named wad not wads, the wadmanager is in the right location etc. And I am pretty sure it is not his sd card because the sd card worked before, and I got a -1 error from trying to install something that was downloaded from the internet...... ANY help would be appreciated

"was system menu 3.3. I got homebrew"
What is it now? how old is his wii? Also if i remember correctly -1 error is to do with denieing you to install anything without access, or pirated stuff.
Being redone
<<

Verrsili

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:21 pm

His is still 3.3 it is about 2 years old. I got it to work anyways though, so no bother (I am going to post a tutorial on how I got it fixed.)
micheal

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials