Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Errors on backed up discs, help me

<<

ptouts

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:29 pm

Errors on backed up discs, help me

I have posted about 5 things on here and Alex F is is awesome I think but I cannot get either game I have to load. Can anyone help or should I just virginize my wii and start over? If so what should I do different? I am tryin gto play my backup of Madden 10 and Super Mario Wii on my 4.2version Wii system.
I got the homebrew channel and restored the trucha bug. I tried backup loader and neogamma w/cios38 rev 14. In both... First it shows the title screen but when I puch a button to play the game it goes to an error screen.
:)
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:58 pm

the new super mario?
some games have protection put into them, im not 100% sure but htere is a mod out there, im not 100% but could u bring up the error u get please.
Being redone
<<

JustinWoodypond

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:29 pm

For mario there are patched copies floating around if you know where to look. PM if you need to know where. There are also tools that allow you to patch your Mario iso. It's much easier to get Mario to load via USB rather than disc right now. Try using a usb drive and loading the iso with that. The drive needs to be formatted with WFBS Manager, which also allows you to load iso's from the program. When loaded on a usb drive, Mario sizes in at just under .4gb's so just about any flash drive will work if you just want to get that running. If none of your games are working, you may want to try your softmod again, but like Alex said, Nintendo is releasing games that have new anti-piracy protection. Hope some of that helps. :D
The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:43 am

Agreed, the problem is the games, not your setup. Trying to set up all your hacks and homebrew again would likely be a waste of time. If you're impatient to play, take JustinWoodypond's advice and learn about USB loading. (I spent a day figuring it out, and the first time I used USB Loader GX, I giggled at the awesomeness.) If you have something else you can do in the interim, give the scene some time and eventually someone will create an updated loader program or cIOS that will load the games off discs without a problem.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:43 pm

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=f160ec6c ... pic=147638

I highly recommend Highly Configurable USB Loader, im helping BKF use a usb loader andd so far so good.
Being redone
<<

ptouts

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:19 pm

Who can walk me through everything for usb?

Or I'd take a tutorial site...please
:)
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:47 am

I used this guide:

http://www.mikeandheth.com/games/115-wii-usb-loader-article-updates.html

It's a nice, step-by-step tutorial with links to everything you'll need. Feel free to come back here if you have any questions.

Also, the guide suggests using USB Loader GX as the backup loader program. I use this and like it very much, but I've seen people mention that Configurable USB Loader and WiiFlow are both excellent as well.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials