i know this is a noob question but i am a noob
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:59 pm

Currently there is no way to run GC from SD or HDD. no ones bothered to make one.
Being redone
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Don't quote me on this, but I believe I've read somewhere that they can't gain access to the SD slot and USB devices when the Wii loads a GC game because it's in a special "mode" that doesn't allow access to those things.

Even if I'm recalling correctly, that information would be pretty old by Internet standards, so take that with a grain of salt. I recently read about cMIOS that lets you play GC backups through the Disc Channel (probably part of cIOSCORP), so unless there's an architectural limitation preventing access to SD/USB devices, there's nothing stopping anyone from creating a loader.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:18 pm

Theres nothing stopping anyone making a USB/SD GC loader but no one is going to make one for a long time, im not gona say don't quote me on this because i know, for one Waninkoko stop working on the wii and has moved onto ps3, so we don't have a chance.
Making a loader takes time, and yes there is a disc channel loader for GC but thats alot easier to make then a usb loader/sd Loader.
Being redone
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:41 pm

I'd think there are enough open source USB Loaders out there that someone could just take a GC loader and add in the functionality. Unless the USB portions aren't open source...
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:11 pm

A Usb loader for GC is different to the wii games thats why there isn't one, trust me on this there won't be one anytime soon and if there is its pure luck. are put it in other words, they way waninkoko's Cios works only handles Wii games, and only a very few people know how to even make code to make a Cios, waninkoko, wiipower i believe understands it but its not the same, as i said before it won't happon soon anyways, "Add in the functionality" its not like adding a driver on win7 its gona take mass amounts of time, if there is any news of this i will ofcourse post about it, but making a Cios for BC is different then one for the wii Games. Also Usb loaders aren't the thing that matters, its Custom IOS's that do the job, and they can't release it anyways unless they get permission of all 4 coders of it, and a few are missing, "Haven't been heard of in awhile"
Being redone
<<

Shonicss4

Post Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:58 pm

thank you all for your answers
<<

themacmeister

Post Tue May 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Google helps

Things must be moving fast, as there are at least 2 methods for playing backup GC isos from SD/USB.

Please use Google before mouthing off...

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials