Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Some help please.

<<

DeVan

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Some help please.

I accidentally upgraded my Wii to 4.2, I already installed HomeBrew again, but I was wondering if it was possible for me to be able to use a Gamecube Backup (I have a burned copy of a GC game) Loader on 4.2?

And if so, what would I need?

Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:05 am

You'll need to install a cMIOS to run Gamecube backups. Go here for a guide with a link to the files you'll need:

http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/gamecube

After that's installed, you should be able to use Neogamma to load your backup disc. If that doesn't work, I believe there's a loader specifically for GC backups, but I've never used one. A google search will turn one up, I'm sure.

Alternatively, you can install the cIOSCORP package, which is a fairly extensive modification of your Wii's system files. The upshot is that it allows you to start backup discs right in the disc channel. I have read about it making life complicated, though. In the interest of completeness:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=188378
<<

DeVan

Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Alright, I have another problem.

I have Naruto Shippuden: Clash Of Ninja Revolution 3, and I used to be able to play it. But after some alterations with cIOS' and the like, I can no longer play it without having to update my Wii. And I seriously dont want to have to redo all the hacking and jazz all over again. How can I be able to play Rev 3 again while not updating my Wii?

Or can I update?

Help is appreciated.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:57 am

use one of the many programs to take the update off the wii, or use gecko and load it.
use a free loader like Gecko Stated above which bypasses updates.
Being redone

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials