mplayer ce

<<

Digital

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:05 pm

mplayer ce

I want to know if it's possible to customize the menu in mplayer ce?

I would like to make it a little more family friendly... such as changing the menu from saying "samba share 1" into something more like "movies". so then the kids can just click on that instead of wondering what is what, it would be laid out in plain english for the rest of the family.
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:43 am

I found the following on the mplayer ce code site:

http://code.google.com/p/mplayer-ce/wiki/Configs

That page has a little information on customizing mplayer, but not a lot of hard examples. It does appear possible to do what you want, though. As long as you make a backup copy of your original menu.conf file, feel free to experiment. If you run into problems, just delete your changes and restore the original to start over.
<<

Digital

Young Brewer

Post Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:29 pm

yeah, I found that site also. But after making the changes I thought would do it and saving, mplayer ce just wouldn't start. I'll have to spend some serious time figuring it out I guess. And the code is just slopped in there, so I'll have to clean it up to get a good look at it. :(
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:19 am

That's a shame. :(

It sounds like they're planning a pretty big update for the next release. Hopefully they'll make it a little nicer to work with.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials