Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

<<

Drock

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 am

ok so happened to stumble accross the homebrew a couple of days ago.I am not very smart with computers so pretty much iam a newbie.I was wondering if the wii brew is a good idea?And if someone could give me a run down on the wii brew.And maybe tell me what a emulator is?ThankYou!!!
<<

Digital

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:25 am

it's simple really. Homebrew on the wii lets you do many things. the main reason for homebrew would be to run "unsigned" code on the wii.... like a homemade game or mplayer. mplayer is a good example because with it you can now watch movies on your wii, and even more useful with mplayer is the ability to stream movies wirelessly from your computer to your wii. Very sweet!

an emulator is a program that will let you run "legacy games" on your wii. an snes emulator will let you play snes games, and so on. I hope that gets you started a little bit on the way to learning this stuff. it's not as complicated as it looks.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 pm

an emulator is a program that allows you to play a game of a different system, not necessarily a legacy game. psp doesnt have a system before it (ps1 i know) that played gb(c/a) games, but with an emu you can

an emulator plays ROMs that are essentualy games of an older system. gba nes n64 so on so on.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials