Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Wrong update?

<<

T$ouji

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Wrong update?

Hey there, I was recommended to update the CIOS rev from the 7 to the 14, but when I did my WII stopped reading all discs (backups and original) whenever i place an original the console seems to recognize it but when I try to play the game it gives me this error "An error has occurred. Press the Eject button, remove the disc and turn the power OFF. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information".

How can I fix the Issue?

Thank you for your help
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

the new cios rev is 16, and it wouldnt be a problem in cios because if it was you could easily check but simply uninstalling it.
im not 100% sure about the issue you have but have you tried uninstalling cios completly just to check?
Being redone
<<

T$ouji

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

I rather being dumb for a moment than for eternity, sooooo, How do I uninstall the cios? :oops:
<<

BlackSheep11777

Brewer
Brewer

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 pm

AnyTitleDeleter will do it. Though if you don't have any other trucha bugged ios installed, putting it back may be difficult.

Out of curiosity, do you have cIOSCORP installed (or if you don't know what that is, do you play backup games right in the disc channel)? I ask because you said you're having trouble with retail discs and cIOSCORP is one of the few things I've seen that can do that.
<<

T$ouji

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

I did play with back up discs from the back up channel (all the homebrew and things were installed by someone else while I was away) the applications that are in the hombrew channel are : Cios Installer, dvd dumper, Mplayer, Trucha Bug Restorer, and Wad manager, so I was just told to download the rev14 substitue the boot file and run it, but after that it happened what has happened
<<

T$ouji

Post Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 pm

sorry I forgot to add this info : software for the back up channel shows: Back up Launcher 0.3 gamma IOS 249 WII Gator

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials