Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

A few problems with my Wii

<<

RufusZOMbot

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 pm

A few problems with my Wii

I bought my wii pre-modded, so i'm unsure of the chip. It's ver4.0u, but it wasn't when I got it, i haven't played the wii for about a year cause it was so messed up. I'm familiar with the psp and 360 scenes, but the wii scene is way more confusing. My wii won't load wads anymore, most of the homebrew i try to load just restarts my wii, gecko messes up every time i try to use it. The whole thing is a mess. I don't even know how to fully explain everything. is there a way for me to just start from a clean slate, reformat it while keeping the hombrew channel. i just want my wii back to how it used to be...
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:28 pm

It sounds like you updated the firmware... did you?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

RufusZOMbot

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:22 pm

I didn't, but my roommate did, and it's been messed up ever since. i tried to change the firmware and some other things, but it's only gotten worse. it's been so long since i messed with it, I don't even remember what's been done with it.
<<

RufusZOMbot

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:05 am

After fooling around with it, I think I might be missing cIOS, It won't let me install wads, but since it has a chip it still lets me boot backups, although new ones i burn won't work. i get the error (ret = -2011) when trying to install wads, and i get error -1017 when trying to use start patch for 4.0. I'm completely lost. I soft modded my friend's wii today with bannerbomb, but mine is slowly dying for me.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:59 am

Have you tried installing cIOS with wifi and SD card? Sometimes it works for people to do one or the other. If you've updated I think you need to get "ciso_fixed" file "cIOS_fix" to allow it to install WAD files again maybe?

I'm not particularly well-versed in Wii homebrew :(

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:55 am

If your friend updated your wii it will be 4.2, startpatch 4.0 is for 4.0,
http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f1 ... ide-67927/
Read the first bit it will help you, as your going to most likly rehomebrew if your on 4.2 but if your homebrew channel was up to date they wouldof had both channels on it just incase you updated to 4.2
if you need a backup guide later tell me, also because you updated to 4.2 your wii now has boot2v4(may be a higher version) is unremoveable.
Being redone
<<

RufusZOMbot

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:21 am

No, I just dug up the Wii recently, I hadn't messed with it for a while. It's 4.0u, Since it was messed up I kind of just forgot about it. Some new games that recently came out made me pull it out of my closet. It still plays my old back-ups, but won't play anything new (most likely because I bought crummy discs, some unknown brand from my local PX) My roommate is hogging the TV with Harry Potter, so I'll try the cios fix tomorrow. Thanks.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials