Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

a few problems booting up games

<<

oonycxwilloo

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 pm

a few problems booting up games

Hi, I am new here. I remember installing homebrew and gecko OS 1.9.2 a while ago but I forgot everything about it and how it works. Ok here is some history about my wii

It is a Japanese Wii but I have used the any region changer to change to United states.

Now it is on Version 4.1u

Problems:
1) Can never load any games from the main channel. Have to run Homebrew => Gecko Os to play games
2) Never reads disc on main screen.
3) Downloaded Wii Sport Resorts and I get a message "Error #001 unauthorized device has been detected"

Questions:
1) Since my wii is NTSC (i think please confirm) can I still play pal games?
2) How do I fix the disc reading problem?
3) Should I update my wii?
4) Is there another better program that everyone uses similar to Gecko taht boots up games?
5) Next time I download games should I download PAL or NTSC
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:00 am

Re: a few problems booting up games

oonycxwilloo wrote:Hi, I am new here. I remember installing homebrew and gecko OS 1.9.2 a while ago but I forgot everything about it and how it works. Ok here is some history about my wii

It is a Japanese Wii but I have used the any region changer to change to United states.

Now it is on Version 4.1u

Problems:
1) Can never load any games from the main channel. Have to run Homebrew => Gecko Os to play games
2) Never reads disc on main screen.
3) Downloaded Wii Sport Resorts and I get a message "Error #001 unauthorized device has been detected"

Questions:
1) Since my wii is NTSC (i think please confirm) can I still play pal games?
2) How do I fix the disc reading problem?
3) Should I update my wii?
4) Is there another better program that everyone uses similar to Gecko taht boots up games?
5) Next time I download games should I download PAL or NTSC

Problems:
1) I'm not sure about this. You may to virginize your Wii, then re-mod it.
2) Same as #1, unless you have a messed up cIOSCORP install or something
3) Common problem, enable alternative .dol loading (and 002 fix if needed) and let the video play. The Wii will either crash or go back to the main menu. Then disable alternative .dol loading (and the 002 fix if used) and it should play fine. In simple terms, the game needs to play the video first, but the loader can't switch from the video from the game afterwards.

Questions:
1) Yes, but you will need to force the region of the games with your current loader
2) Same as Problem #1
3) Do you have Bootmii or Priiloader? If so, then it should be safe to. I do suggest trying other things first. If you don't have Bootmii or Priiloader, then you might get a brick when updating.
4) I'm not too up to date with Gecko as a loader. Are you using it as a backup loader or are you using it to play legit games? If backups, there is a ton of options out there. If legit, there are some others out there, but Gecko is the most supported.
5) Same as your region if possible, otherwise you'll have to force the region.
<<

oonycxwilloo

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 am

3) Common problem, enable alternative .dol loading (and 002 fix if needed) and let the video play. The Wii will either crash or go back to the main menu. Then disable alternative .dol loading (and the 002 fix if used) and it should play fine. In simple terms, the game needs to play the video first, but the loader can't switch from the video from the game afterwards.

I have no idea what any of this means or do I know how to go about doing this. How do I enable alternative .dol loading?

Thanks for your reply though.
<<

Devil May Cry

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 am

There is an option in Gecko called "enable alternate .dol" (or alt .dol). You see, when Wii games load, they load a file called "main.dol". However, there are some games that load a different .dol file sometimes when they load or later in the game. Wii Sports Resort does this the first time it loads to show you about the Motion+. So, the first time you play it, enable alt .dol lading to play the movie. After it finishes, the Wii will freeze or reset. Now, disable alt .dol loading. Since the movie played already, the game will load fine.
<<

oonycxwilloo

Post Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:23 pm

I don't have that option. I have the latest Gecko.

When I load it up the only options are:

Game Language:
Force NTSC:
Force PAL60
Force PAL50
Gecko Hook Type:
Load Debugger:
SD File Patcher
SD Cheats
Gecko Pause Start
Bubbles On
Save Config.

No where does it let me enable that option you mentioned.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials