Error #004? Even after I formated?

<<

gx2

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 pm

Error #004? Even after I formated?

Hi all,
I softmod one of my wii's and recented tried to softmod the other and ran into a problem. I installed Homebrew 4.2 and tried to play a game using NeoGamma and the screen went black, so I restarted and tried again. Same problem. So I uninstalled, re-installed and tried again. Same error.. So I figured, maybe I need to update the wii first. So I uninstalled everything, updated my wii(Which popped up with a message I've never seen before, I believe it said [This update will disable any unauthorized software blah, blah]). So I update thinking after I do that I just disconnect from the net and install the Homebrew channel. So I put the SD card in with the hack and I started getting this message which read::::

Error #004
An error has occurred.
The system files are corrupted.

This only happens when I try to run the hack from the sd card. So I was like crap, Ok.. Lets start from scratch. So I FORMATTED my wii and tried again. I got the same freakin' message. Now I'm thinking I'm screwed. So what do I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
<<

gx2

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Re: Error #004? Even after I formated?

No one knows anything? Not good!!
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:19 pm

There were a lot of people that knew a lot about hacking the Wii at one point. If you wait another day or so, I'm sure you'll get plenty of help. :D Just hang on, okay?
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:14 pm

"An error has occurred.
The system files are corrupted. "
your need to reinstall your current wii system menu, preferably with a waninkoko duplicate, im not sure what you can fully do on 4.2 but i havent been here for a few months and im sure things have updated, i can check for you aswell as i know where too look
Being redone
<<

gx2

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks Alex.. I was thinking that same thing, but I can't seem to find that download.. I'm still searching..
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Gimmie a sec i'll find it in my old filecase lol
Being redone
<<

MrUnusual

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:22 am

Has anyone figured this out yet? I ran into the same problem last night with my 4.2U. I just bought a hardmodded Wii (Wii with built in Modchip) that had the Backup Loader included and I wanted to to install the Homebrew Channel, BootMii and DVDx. Ehen I tried to install BootMii and DVDx, it didn't work for some reason, I went to the Homebrew Channel to get some games, but it said I needed to be connected to the internet, so I set-up the internet while simultaneously putting my SD card back in my computer to figure out why BootMii and DVDx didn't install.

After setting up the internet, I went back to the Wii's main menu and The Homebrew Channel had disappeared. I later found out that BootMii and DVDx didn't install because I had no space left on the Wii, so then I deleted some stuff on there, like Super Nintendo and N64 games and freed up some space. So I put the SD Card back in assuming that it needed to be in to run the Homebrew Channel, but then I got an error message with a black screen saying "Error#004 An error has occurred. The system files are corrupted.

So then I tried to format my SD card and put the files on it all over again, still got the same message, I even tried formatting it, still the same message. Is there a way I can get around this so that I can get my Homebrew Channel back atleast? I tried clicking the link you posted on how to set it up, but that's for 4.0, I'm not sure if it will work on 4.2U and I'm afraid of bricking it.
<<

MrUnusual

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 am

Scratch that, I guess the system was updated, so now I have 4.3U instead of 4.2U I don't know if that's the reason I'm getting this error message now, but I was told that updating didn't affect a Hard Modded Wii and that it would still be able to run homebrew even after updating.

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials