Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

another " please halp" thread

<<

dolg_313

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:21 am

another " please halp" thread

Hello, it's me again :) okay. I will be rambling a little now to be sure I know what i'm doing, and if something is wrong, or inaccurate, please correct me.

I just swapped from hard-mod to soft modding, and I have been spending the last few days reading up on how to do it.

*First of all I checked my wii version, wich is 4.1E. I've been very picky not to get it upgraded as I've heard horror stories that things will go bad for any mod if you do.

* I went and got myself the "Homebrew Browser" and updated it through wi-fi

*I downloaded "dvdXinstaller" as I understood that is what you need to actually read the burnt dvd's.
Now here's the first issue: when I try to do the regular install it gives me the following error
"Error-2011 installing dvd stub ticket
Error -2011 installing Stub"
I've tried downloading it several times from several areas, nothing changes.

*Also, I installed the "NeoGamma R9 beta 36". but when I set it to launch dvd I get the following error message "dvd error 1208 Disk ID"
So I tried with an older version of the same program, called "R8"
This time I get the following message: "dvd dead error 1167 no cIOS"

Can anyone advise me on what to do? this is my first time attempting to run a softmod, so it's probably just a n00b glitch I've overlooked, but if anyone would be willing to take the time to help me out I'd really apreshaite it.

so my main issue overall as I understand it is that my dvdXinstaller won't even install on my system.

Also, I've tried using the patchmii, but I get an error message there as well with the error mesage 1017

And then I went onwards to CustomIOS installer 2.2
I wasn't sure what version to use, but I chose the IOS61 as that's what is stated in the NeoGamma. But then I get the error message -2011.

edit, ah, and I forgot to mention that I'm using a SD card, not flash
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:01 pm

Re: another " please halp" thread

I feel bad that you were one of the new members who just joined but couldn't receive any help... The only thing I can do (due to my lack of knowledge about the wii) is ask you to PM that to this member memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14280 and ask him your question...
-Formerly DCM
<<

riennespinka

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jun 14, 2023 7:29 pm

Re: another " please halp" thread

I'm sorry to hear you're a new member who hasn't yet received any assistance... My only option at this point free games

Return to Wii Help & Tutorials