Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Burnout paradise

<<

philjal

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:53 pm

Burnout paradise

so i downloaded the burnout paradise save and copyed it on the ps3, then it said something about users (that I can't use the save on another account) but, i was stuck in my first save, wich is now deleted, and i don't want to start the whole game over, is there a way to change user name from the save (or know the account of the save donner :shock: )
any reply will be appreciated
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:20 pm

U can't change the name of the user and I doubt you will be able to track down the original user name. Some saves are unfortunatley no transferable at this time. The user who uploaded it probably didn't know it couldn't be used transfered when he did it. For now you will just have to start over. And please remember always backup you data before you delete it for just these situations.
<<

Junior J

Young Brewer

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Here's some Info concerning the whole game save issue with Burnout Paradise:

While some ps3 games will happily load save files from other users with no modification at all, and other save files for other games, will work with a little editing here and there, burnout paradise uses a three point savegame protection system.

Point 1 : the SFO contains a key generated from your user ID, the SYS-DATA file contains that same key, in an ENCRYPTED file, BOTH keys are checked to see if they match each other, and that both match the key generated on the fly, from the currently logged in username.

Point 2 : The sfo asks the ps3 to check the encryption format and integrity of the SYS-DATA file, which in turn, reads a checksum from the SYS-DATA file for the PFD file, if the checksum is invalid, or the initial encryption validity check on the SYS-DATA file is invalid, the savegame WILL NOT COPY TO THE PS3.
Thus, editing anything but the SFO will result in a failed copy, but changing the key in the SFO will not work, as the key in the SYS-DATA file will no longer match... hopefully you still follow here, this means you cannot edit the save file.

Point 3 : When the data is read from the file, there is a THIRD key, one generated the very first time you went online, and accepted the EA server agreement, the third key, decrypted from the SYS-DATA file, is checked online with the key generated when you accepted the agreement, YOU DO NOT KNOW THIS KEY, IT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER KEY.

so even if you *could* decrypt and encrypt your files, you would not know the key needed for the server authentication, so sure, if you broke the 128bit encryption and magically knew the keys to re-encrypt, you could load those savegames up on your own ps3, but the second you tried to go online, the server would spit you out, and more than likely treat your userID as a banned ID, or just fail to connect all-together.

The savegame cannot be edited to work on any other profile but your own, you cannot simple "hex edit" the file to make it work, because "hex editing" encrypted files, BREAKS them.
There have been several users here who claimed it is possible, one of which claimed if someone posted a 100% complete PAL savegame, he would "modify it" for people, well, i posted such a save and he hasn't replied since.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=41162337
<<

philjal

Post Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:08 am

oh damn, i'll have to start it all over :(
<<

BoogerKing

Brewer
Brewer

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:49 am

Burnout Paradise gamesaves for BoogerKing needs to be removed.
As I found out the save dont work with other accounts than your own.
Please remove it so others downloading it dont get the major problems.
Problems causing users to lose there first save by overwriting there own. :(
Thank You!
<<

Rogg7

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 pm

so junior j in point 3 you said the stuff about EA does that apply to mercs 2 or any other EA game :? :?:

Return to PS3 Help