Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Sure but if you have a dream about someone being in the hospital and you are out of their country when you call them only to find out that they have been sick or you have a dream of someone being unfaithful and you are half a world away but you know the time and the place it occurred because you witnessed it in a dream.

It is weird but it happens to me. I wish I had some control over it but I don't.

I know there are others out there just like me but when we come out like this it just makes people uneasy or they start to make jokes.

I do not care what is said or thought of me here so no one bite the tongue.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:14 pm

i once had a dream my friend would break up with his girlfriend, and amazingly is came true!!!!(sarcasm)

as i said before, i think when we know the future, we make it so that what we had been told about the future comes true.
Its not that someone can tell the true, its that people make what they said come true
<<

kLine

Brewer
Brewer

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:26 pm

no worries que, i'm not making fun of anyone in my posts, im just saying i don't think that dreaming things like that has anything to do with predicting the future.

i think its a combination of chance, coincidence, and your brain putting random parts of your memory together. maybe before you fell asleep that night you saw a commercial for some baby product or something and also randomly that day or night you thought about that lady and in your dreams it put two thoughts from that day together and made a little story?

i don't have the answers just opinions and observations
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:31 pm

I have dejavu everyday man lol. Every single day when I do something, I'm like woah I've done this before, or I've sat in this exact spot or something.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:59 pm

AdventWolf wrote:I have dejavu everyday man lol. Every single day when I do something, I'm like woah I've done this before, or I've sat in this exact spot or something.
I KNOW!!!
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:07 am

I think we all have dejavu a little every once and a while. I had a day dream on the way to the lawncare store down the street that I just thought about my old D.A.R.E. teacher in 5th grade, and guess what happens? I actually saw him there at the store. That was pretty cool, but I'm not going to say I can see the future or anything like that. Maybe I just randomly thought about him I dunno know. Or possibly I could have been seeing him everywhere I go, and my brain just finally consciously thought about him and when I saw him that time I actually recognized him. But I mean we live for years, and I think it is a possibility that sometime in our life we randomly think about something that will happen, it is a possibility that we do.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:49 am

i dont know, it seems that there is some kind of energy our brain sends and receives and allowed us to see and do un-normal things

remember we only us like 5% of brains, maybe when we experience Deja vu we are using more of our brain and it like receives the energy which shows us things...

ahh i dont know how to explain it, its hard
<<

8-bit_ninja

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:54 am

que13x wrote:Have you posted your "Chaos Theory" already? I am interested.

I did. The original theory is just like Newton's law that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
This is a sig. You may think that there is something to it, but in fact it is just an ordinary sig.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 pm

hey guys this is sooo funny
i've showed it to christians, most think tis very funny and stupid

but not all, some think its real

what do you think about it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiNrU7Qqgz0

its pretty funny though, even if your a christain you got to admit tis funny

hey guys i dont meant to start anything, just wondering what you think about this video as christains
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:26 am

I watched a second of that video and think it's stupid. I dunno know if it's real or not, but I don't really believe in the whole experiencing afterlife while your still alive. Just don't make sense. That guy just had a bad dream.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:10 am

hey hey hey now the myth is actually we only use 10% of our brain. we actually use it ALL just not at the same time
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:11 pm

light_alistor wrote:hey hey hey now the myth is actually we only use 10% of our brain. we actually use it ALL just not at the same time

If brain tissue does not regenerate, wouldn't the 10% use account for the "unused" cells replacing the ones that die off?
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:34 pm

dont know where you pulled that fact man i know brain tissue doesnt regenerate... but what was that stuff about replacing?
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:43 pm

If we only use 10% of our brains then to me it would make sense that the other 90% was on standby, you know to fill in whenever it is needed as you go through life.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:48 pm

no no no. we use it ALL just ten percent at any given time.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat