Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:32 pm

light_alistor wrote:no no no. we use it ALL just ten percent at any given time.

Maybe if we eat 90% more in our every-day diets we'll be able to use the other 90% of our brains!!!

Word of Caution: This is not DPM77 approved.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:50 am

lol this has gone off topic like mad... i want to ask a question. what is the difference between taking a piss on a lord of the rings book and taking a piss on the bible?
Image Image
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:05 am

One is fiction, the other people believe is the truth. And I'm sorry but I'd have to beat you up man, no hard feelings.
But really, I don't think comparing a fictional book, or fictional stories to the bible is a very good argument but that's just me. But if we keep expanding on the idea it's just going to go around in a circle and we will be arguing for days on the same exact thing. That's why it went off topic, nothing was getting done other then arguing in a circle.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:31 am

SEGA Game Gear wrote:lol this has gone off topic like mad... i want to ask a question. what is the difference between taking a piss on a lord of the rings book and taking a piss on the bible?
well i've burned a bible, sh*t it with airsoft, pissed on it, and nothing happened to me. It was just proof that nothing happens to you when you do that stuff with bible.

NO dis-respect this was like 2 years ago, i was young and pretty immature, to bad i deleted the video or i would have posted it on here lol
anyway, there is no difference, they are both fake and based on outrageous stories. But i like lord of the rings book much better

ace_012 wrote:One is fiction, the other people believe is the truth. And I'm sorry but I'd have to beat you up man, no hard feelings.
But really, I don't think comparing a fictional book, or fictional stories to the bible is a very good argument but that's just me. But if we keep expanding on the idea it's just going to go around in a circle and we will be arguing for days on the same exact thing. That's why it went off topic, nothing was getting done other then arguing in a circle.
indeed, its pretty useless to discuss religion on the internet
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:49 pm

SEGA Game Gear wrote:what is the difference between taking a piss on a lord of the rings book and taking a piss on the bible?

No difference. Both are a stack of paper that people have varying beliefs in.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:57 pm

there is more walking in lord of the rings. and hobbits. i loves me some hobbits
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:12 pm

farquezy wrote:
SEGA Game Gear wrote:lol this has gone off topic like mad... i want to ask a question. what is the difference between taking a piss on a lord of the rings book and taking a piss on the bible?
well i've burned a bible, sh*t it with airsoft, pissed on it, and nothing happened to me. It was just proof that nothing happens to you when you do that stuff with bible.

NO dis-respect this was like 2 years ago, i was young and pretty immature, to bad i deleted the video or i would have posted it on here lol
anyway, there is no difference, they are both fake and based on outrageous stories. But i like lord of the rings book much better

ace_012 wrote:One is fiction, the other people believe is the truth. And I'm sorry but I'd have to beat you up man, no hard feelings.

*opinion* You think they are, but just because you think it is fake doesn't mean it is true.. And that is just pretty insulting peeing on the Bible man that pissed me off.. Why must people be such f8ck heads? Show some respect geez.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:12 pm

light_alistor wrote:there is more walking in lord of the rings. and hobbits. i loves me some hobbits

Hobbits? That word is just a synonym for midget!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:14 pm

NO midgets are scary hobbits are lovely
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:23 pm

AdventWolf wrote:
farquezy wrote:

*opinion* You think they are, but just because you think it is fake doesn't mean it is true.. And that is just pretty insulting peeing on the Bible man that pissed me off.. Why must people be such f8ck heads? Show some respect geez.
lol i said i was 12 and immature
and i said sorry...

yah it was pretty dumb and dis-respectful...

and sorry i forgot to say "in my opinion"
but its kind of an fact too, since both cant be proven. There are very few stories in bible that are proven

but yah just a stack of papers where people have different beliefs on them
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:26 pm

Nah its not a fact, its opinion. But I was saying it was messed up since SGG thinks there is no difference and wouldn't care doing it and even bringing up that question is a punch in the face.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:31 pm

farquezy wrote:There are very few stories in bible that are proven

If you had "proof" then you would not need "faith".

Besides if you take most of what is written in the bible at face value you miss the point and that is the ultimate moral of the story.

Galatians Ch6 v7

A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

In otherwords,

Do good and good will come to you.

Do bad and bad will come to you.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:35 pm

que13x wrote:
farquezy wrote:There are very few stories in bible that are proven

If you had "proof" then you would not need "faith".

Besides if you take most of what is written in the bible at face value you miss the point and that is the ultimate moral of the story.

Galatians Ch6 v7

A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

In otherwords,

Do good and good will come to you.

Do bad and bad will come to you.
but bad and good are mere opinions
what is bad in your mind, might be good in someone else's...
thats the biggest fault with the bible in my opinion, there is no such thing as Good and Evil.
I mean why would someone do something they know is evil, they think they are doing the right thing and you cant punish someone for doing what they think is the right thing to do, unless that actions affects someone's life, liberty, property, and pursuit of happiness because no being has the right to do anything that has something to do with those rights that all humans are born with
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:39 pm

anyone else find the concept of heaven totally dry?
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:43 pm

Of coarse there is a difference between Good and Evil, I get where you are coming from but its just insane, you can't actually take that to heart can you? You would let someone kill your mom if they thought it was the right thing to do? You wouldn't care since "oh they thought it was ok, so its ok".
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat