Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:47 pm

i just said unless the thing there are doing interferes with someones life, liberty, property, and pursuit of happiness...
Life is one, so if he kills her than thats just wrong.

As i said before, NO HUMANS has the right to interfere with this natural rights just like John Locke and Benjamin Franklin once said.

But yes i truly take that to heart, i do believe that people should not be punished for doing what they think is the right thing to do, its just not fair in my opinion.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 pm

That is why the Bush administration will never face charges for the damage that their policies have caused the country both domestically and abroad, because all involved can and will say they thought that they were doing the right thing.

If my grandmother is sick and I rob a ( bank to pay her bills ) but no one gets hurt or F it, lets say someone did, that would be ok?
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:26 pm

If you ask me you just contradicted yourself man. First you said bad and good is just opinions, then you said it's wrong to affect someone else's life. What's it for you to say whats wrong and right, or good and evil if it's just opinions. I can see you strongly believe in disorder, and no justice though. So pretty much if China thought it was perfectly fine to steal money from the US, you think that it's perfectly fine. There's more things immoral then just killing people.

If there is no good and evil then how can killing someone be wrong?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 pm

ace_012 wrote:If you ask me you just contradicted yourself man. First you said bad and good is just opinions, then you said it's wrong to affect someone else's life. What's it for you to say whats wrong and right, or good and evil if it's just opinions. I can see you strongly believe in disorder, and no justice though. So pretty much if China thought it was perfectly fine to steal money from the US, you think that it's perfectly fine. There's more things immoral then just killing people.

If there is no good and evil then how can killing someone be wrong?
will i said Good and Evil is a opinion, and my opinion was that you can do anything you want as long as your not hurting others. So i dont contradict myself.

I do not believe in disorder, i STRONG BELIEVE IN ORDER!
I'm just trying to be open minded and trying to help you become open minded as well and see that good and evil are mere opinions...
And it is wrong to affect others lives, because no one has the power to affects someone else's life in a negative way

is it that hard to understand?

que13x wrote:That is why the Bush administration will never face charges for the damage that their policies have caused the country both domestically and abroad, because all involved can and will say they thought that they were doing the right thing.

If my grandmother is sick and I rob a ( bank to pay her bills ) but no one gets hurt or F it, lets say someone did, that would be ok?
no it wouldnt be ok because you are taking someone else's property away.

Also the bush administration is doing wrong since they are interfering with people's liberty, life and pursuit of happiness by ruining their lives
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:59 pm

Um no, maybe you should read what you just said. You just said this:

farquezy wrote:
...there is no such thing as Good and Evil....

You didn't say God and Evil are opinions, you said bad and good are opinions then you said good and evil is not real. If you say otherwise then you are just in denial. Therefore saying Good and Evil is not real, then saying what is right and wrong is contradicting yourself. I don't care what you meant to say, I'm focused on what you actually said. If you meant something else, then start typing what you actually mean and maybe people will understand you better.

Also you even said in an earlier post in the people you hate topic, you said this:

farquezy wrote:Anarchy is the best way, whats wrong with anarchy? it allows people to express their opinions, unlike other stuff.

How could you believe in anarchy and order at the same time??

dictionary.com wrote:an·ar·chy
2. political and social disorder due to the absence of governmental control

First you say you think disorder is best and now you say order is best. Please, if you want me to take you seriously please say somethign and stick with it, don't keep changing your opinion.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:20 pm

will i had anarchy messed up with liberatism, i dont even know why i said anarchy i was way out there lol.
I'm a liberterian myself.

As an liberterian i see that everyone has their own opinions. I believe in very limited government.

Now yes i said there is no such thing as good and evil, BECAUSE good and evil have different meanings for each person. How does that not make sense? I never said there is anything thats right and wrong, i just said that i believe people are not allowed to hurt others in any way.

I mean all im saying is that Good and Evil dont exist because one thinks he does good, while another thinks that person is doing evil, making it not exist and only an opinion.
In order for something to exist, it must be proven, and Good and Evil cannot be, sense all have a different view of it.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Thats the problem with most politicians today, you must justify everything to them even though its right there in their face.
Or just people with strong political views.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:53 pm

AdventWolf wrote:Thats the problem with most politicians today, you must justify everything to them even though its right there in their face.
Or just people with strong political views.
are you trying to say im like that?
if so explain to me how please :)
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:02 pm

light_alistor wrote:anyone else find the concept of heaven totally dry?

I actually think that the whole concept of being good and going to heaven is flawed. People should do good in their hearts regardless to do otherwise is hypocritical like thinking of the homeless during the holiday season mostly. If you really gave a damn you would be collecting all the time not just in the fall and winter, that's what I think.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:32 pm

que13x wrote:
light_alistor wrote:anyone else find the concept of heaven totally dry?

I actually think that the whole concept of being good and going to heaven is flawed. People should do good in their hearts regardless to do otherwise is hypocritical like thinking of the homeless during the holiday season mostly. If you really gave a damn you would be collecting all the time not just in the fall and winter, that's what I think.
i know seriously dude
<<

SEGA Game Gear

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:04 pm

wow i'm psyched that my bible piss comment stimulated some discussion :)

yeah good and evil is an opinion. i think im a pretty good guy, but i'm going to hell if somehow it's real lol.
Image Image
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 pm

Lol im not against religion I can understand it's purpose and for people believing. But at the same time i think those people are too damn gullible. I mean seriously. Prove it.

And while your at it. Prove that there is no such thing as aliens. Oh and also where exactly hell is located. No seriously find it.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am

des343 wrote:Lol im not against religion I can understand it's purpose and for people believing. But at the same time i think those people are too damn gullible. I mean seriously. Prove it.

And while your at it. Prove that there is no such thing as aliens. Oh and also where exactly hell is located. No seriously find it.
typical response from a christain, im a atheist but i know exactly what most christians, not all but most will say
here we go:
"Well prove god isnt real!!!!
i dont need to prove aliens are real, the bible never mentions aliens, and since you cant prove they are real than they are fake
hell is located inside the earth and we have only gone 60 miles under the earth, so you dont know, but the bible says hell is under. I dont need to find it, its in the bible!
God says the bible is real and i believe god."
I SWEAR I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP, i asked a friend of mine and this is the answer she gave. But than she is only 14, maybe older people can provide better answers.
But me, i just dont understand how a intelligent person who is aware of their surrounding, open minded, does research and questions his or her beliefs can believe in god. I mean when i was a child i was brainwashed into thinking that way, and i believe thats the main reason, society brainwashes people instead of letting them make their own choices.
Now that might not be the case for everyone, but most of people thats the case
<<

des343

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:19 am

farquezy wrote:
des343 wrote:Lol im not against religion I can understand it's purpose and for people believing. But at the same time i think those people are too damn gullible. I mean seriously. Prove it.

typical response from a christain, im a atheist but i know exactly what most christians, not all but most will say
here we go:
i dont need to prove aliens are real, the bible never mentions aliens, and since you cant prove they are real than they are fake
hell is located inside the earth and we have only gone 60 miles under the earth, so you dont know, but the bible says hell is under. I dont need to find it, its in the bible!
I SWEAR I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP, i asked a friend of mine and this is the answer she gave. But than she is only 14, maybe older people can provide better answers.
But me, i just dont understand how a intelligent person who is aware of their surrounding, open minded, does research and questions his or her beliefs can believe in god. I mean when i was a child i was brainwashed into thinking that way, and i believe thats the main reason, society brainwashes people instead of letting them make their own choices.

Hmm....What i said must have just been over your head or something. Read it again. Actually i am an atheist as well.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:51 am

des343 wrote:
farquezy wrote:

here we go:

Hmm....What i said must have just been over your head or something. Read it again. Actually i am an atheist as well.
what do you mean?
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat