Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Official Religion Debate Thread

What faith do you practice, or would most closely associate your beliefs with?

Christianity
48%
Buddhism
2%
Hinduism
2%
Judaism
2%
Agnosticism / Atheism
25%
Other
5%
None or Undecided
8%
I'm not sure
8%

Total votes : 60
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 am

All of your references are from what is known as the Holy Bible. Do you have any Koran references you would like to share?
<<

Jar3tt

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:25 pm

Farq

Idk if anyone said this about your videos you posted (too lazy to read it all) in page 3 (i think) but did you realize that MANKIND did this not god. Look at us in the us, Canada, or other richer places, we think we are living perfect! and we are too selfish to give a damn about other country's like Africa. A lot have aids, well obviously god gave us aids, but we (being humans) spread them, not god. We (being humans again) are over populating the world, thus meaning there isnt enough food going around (again talking about africa) Its not about God doing this to the children, or people, its about US, you AND me LETTING this happen.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm

yeah i know me saying this is gonna get some people pissed but, advent your a gameboot and cintro helper and well i've waited like a month for my first request and wound up changing it to something easier so..... instead of spending your time on a religious forum thread could you please just do that 1 cintro for me i mean seriously...
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:27 pm

DracoDarco wrote:advent your a gameboot and cintro helper and well i've waited like a month for my first request and wound up changing it to something easier so..... instead of spending your time on a religious forum thread

Yea Advent or give a refund for services not rendered, wait, this was a favor?

DracoDarco, do you know what PM is for? Look into it. Better yet, look into doing your own cintros and then you will not have to rely on others.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 pm

i tried making my own and failed miserably also if i used a pm then he wouldnt have people pressuring him.... JESUS ROCKS!!!!
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:02 pm

farquezy wrote:
AdventWolf wrote:The only thing I really know about Muslims is that in the Koran it says "Death to all infidels". And Death to all Jewish people and Israel or something.

LOL THATS NOTHING, compared to this

AND I GOT MUCH MORE IF YOU WISH ME TO LIST THEM!!!

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

*Keep in mind, what you copied from is a list of 'taken out' or 'bits and pieces' of scripture that ignorant people like to use to trick other ignorant people.

Thats like saying "The Bible says there is no God" Which in the Bible it says there is no God, but right before it says that it says "The fool says.."

So keep that in mind.

Israel was God's chosen people, they should be grateful but they always managed to screw it up. Being God's people is a great privilege and if you are, then you should actually follow Him. But "death" was a lose word back then, it was quite the accepted punishment but it is not compatible to todays time.

farquezy wrote:Kill Witches
You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

They are owners of evil magic lol, they will cast curses and black magic on you.

farquezy wrote:Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Homosexuality is immoral, the only reason you think it is ok is because you live in a society that gives sympathy and acceptance to them.

farquezy wrote:Kill Fortunetellers
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

They deal with the future and black magic. *Checked the scripture and didn't match

farquezy wrote:Death for Hitting Dad
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

This is meant for a disobedient son to hit his faithful father, and he is just a brat. But "death" again is used loosely since it doesn't match to modern times.

farquezy wrote:Death for Cursing Parents
1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness. (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)
2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense. (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)
Same

farquezy wrote:Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Right on.

farquezy wrote:Death for Fornication
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Do you think fornication is right?

farquezy wrote:Death to Followers of Other Religions
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
It says they shall be doomed, not dead.

farquezy wrote:Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Lol I think this was said of one of the 'lying' prophets of Ahab.
But if its not, it doesn't say they WIll be put to death, just they should because they are ignorant. But I'm reading this passage, and it was an OATH that the people mayed and agreed on. It wasn't a teaching of God himself.

You get that? What the person did that you copied from is took bits and pieces of the scripture and made it look bad, when it was simply an agreement among men.

farquezy wrote:Kill False Prophets
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

False prophets are of the devil and speak heresies against God.

I didn't check all of the scriptures cuz I am a little busy atm, but yea get your facts straight. This isn't as bad as 'DEATH to everyone that is an outsider' This is nothing, it just wishes punishment against sinners. A society without sin is much better than one without am I right?

@Darco Well I mentioned in the thread somewhere that I have a problem with my computer and need to reflash it or something but I haven't gotten to it. I am busy with other stuff and you could at least ask nicely I guess, I don't have to do it. IDK, I don't know why anyone else hasn't helped on the thread, why don't you ask them? Theres plenty of other helpers. And yea, a pm would be nice.
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:00 pm

will everything you said was ignorant.

so we should just kill all these people because you and your god dont agree with them, thats not ignorant??
wow thats a new one

and duh i copy pasted this, from a list i made myself!!!!!

And punishing sinner? do you see how stupid that sounds? Punish anyone who makes god look like a fool, wow that god is MAATTTTUURRREEE!!!!
what a lovely god, let just kill and punish 4 billion people than just cause god says so, shall we?
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Its good to see people gettin along :wink: what im surprised is that no one's thrown a chair yet doesnt everyone hear believe in peace and reconciliation or is everyone here .......................... a bigoted @$$ in any case i think there should should just be a worldwide holy war and whatever religon comes out on top will in essence rule the world, of course the catholics already have there own heavily fortified city state and highly trained military....... just sayin :twisted:

ps. glad im immune to aids because of an ancestor that survived the black plague
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:36 pm

No wonder no one likes to deal with Farquezy.....hes the ignorant one around here. He wont let anything go and if hes not right he seems he wants no one right.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:50 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:No wonder no one likes to deal with Farquezy.....hes the ignorant one around here. He wont let anything go and if hes not right he seems he wants no one right.
wait so your saying we should kill people, coming from a GUY WHO SAYS DOUBLE POSTERS SHOULD DIE LMAO!!! CALLING ME IGNORANT!!!

i like how instead of responding to me and telling me why im wrong, you go on the defensive and say bad things about me, shows how ignorant you are :)
i havnt even said sh*t about you, shows how ignorant christians are, all they do is attack people personally when they are getting owned...

why dont you all just kill yourselves to get to god sooner? thats a better idea

OR PULL OF AN CHARLES MANSON ON US WILL YOU??kill people in gods name!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson

oh yah lets not forget, ace and you are the only ones with a problem with me, shows how much hatred christianity causes, not have i once said sh*t about you guys other than when you said it first, exactly why i hate religion and all who follow it
you are all closed minded, end of the story!

If there are more that have a problem with me, come forth and I WILL LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK!, if the majority of the people dont like me than i should leave because i do not wish to annoy people
Last edited by farquezy on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DracoDarco

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm

farquezy u r making me sick with your views normally im actually pretty tolerant but, im intolerant against the intolerant if u get what i mean. I just dont like someone who has to be right.... you accuse christians of doing this and say it's wrong when you do it yourself... im not saying that the church doesnt do it, but at the same timethey have brought hope and peace to many... have you done that..... didnt think so
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:00 pm

DracoDarco wrote:farquezy u r making me sick with your views normally im actually pretty tolerant but, im intolerant against the intolerant if u get what i mean. I just dont like someone who has to be right.... you accuse christians of doing this and say it's wrong when you do it yourself... im not saying that the church doesnt do it, but at the same timethey have brought hope and peace to many... have you done that..... didnt think so
the only reason your saying this is because its uncomfortable for you to think your amazing god wants you to kill people.
i never said i have to be right have i? i have said MANY TIMES, i dont know everything!!!!

"you accuse christians of doing this and say it's wrong when you do it yourself.."
explain this more because i didnt understand you correctly

you ur right, ill admit i am intolerant for religion, because heres proof of its evil!
right now!!!
look at whats happening!!!
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:26 pm

ok ::throws chair:: lets rumble. ::wink::
<<

farquezy

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:28 pm

lol i didnt even say anything to offend anyone, these christian are the ones trying to offend me wtf, and this is a thread for open minded people not people who ganna attack others lol

its comical when christians get mad, i love it(yah sounds immature i know)
<<

light_alistor

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:33 pm

i have to say i realize im fine as long as no one bashes others for their beliefs. i honestly dont care what happens when i die. i treat others with respect, i am honest, respect my elders, fight oppression, and the only thing i can say i do is steal because i download. which i think is open to debate. if a god of any kind can punish me for that well... i still lived a life that was my own.
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat