Gun contorl advocates are jokes

<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:50 pm

I plan on carrying a gun when I'm old enough, I couldn't see myself without one in the future. I really hope laws aren't changed because the bad guys will still have guns when they are illegal.. there is no chance that there will be enough enforcement to eliminate all weapons in America. The only thing it would do is prevent the good people from purchasing them. Our right to bear arms is constitutional even more so now with all the stuff that goes on. I'd rather live in a home with a weapon than one without in case my house or somewhere nearby gets attacked.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:56 pm

farquezy wrote:this is what thomas jefferson said about gun control
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Oh TJ if only you would quit pushing daisys. This country you helped conquer needs you now more than ever!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

Necrophiliac

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:55 am

d[^.^]b wrote:
que13x wrote:A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Militia:a body of citizens organized for military service

Infringed: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another

Here is how I understand the the constitution

You want guns? Join the National Guard, then you can have all the guns you want.

Make sense? That is the way it was meant to be but that is not the way it is being ran because people either do not know how to read and interpret the constitution or they do not care.

END OF STORY.

The recent Supreme Court ruling in Heller Vs. D.C. clarified the meaning of the second amendment and found DC's gun ban unconstitutional. It reinforced that the right is for non-felon citizens and not merely a militia. In many states technically any male over the age of 18 is considered a member of the state militia (although most are not active). This was put in place in order to have a set of checks and balances so that the government would not overstep its bounds in the future.

That being said strict laws concerning background checks and dealer licensing helps to make sure that law abiding citizens can purchase. This is strictly enforced, I have seen numerous people at gun shows and shops carried out in handcuffs for attempting to purchase a firearm and having their background check come back flagging them as ex-feloms or for lying on the forms that need to be filled out when buying a firearm. Someone who intends to commit a crime is going to obtain their guns illegaly as opposed to having a paper trail linked to the weapon in case it is recovered.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:18 am

Oh yea, I forgot people can be drafted up to age 39 or so.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
Previous

Return to General Chat