<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:01 pm

Debate: The Draft

So... We have the American draft.... When you turn 18, you are supposed to lawfully register for the Selective Services. This means that you are put into a database and may be randomly selected and forced to join the army and most of the time, enter life or death combative situations.
I put off registering with them but to enter my public college, I must register, so I did. Today I got in the mail my 'legal proof' of my registration. Now... There are a few options I have if I am drafted.
1.) Quit college and move to Canada
2.) Quit college and be forced to kill people
3.) Legally object
4.) Sue the government

So... What's the issue? Well, the first option is out of the question. Canada sucks and I would not want to quit college and destroy my goals and dreams.
The issue with the second option is that I will not be forced into slavery and kill people for no reason.
Let's talk about the third issue... I could legally object but most times whenever there's a draft, you cannot become a conscientious objector unless you have a moral or religious reason for not wanting to join the army. What you have to do is stand before a board and explain to them why you should not be part of the draft. If you say you are merely against the reasons behind the war, that is not enough. You could say that you do not want to kill people but they will make you still join the army. You would have a job that isn't combative but most likely will still require you to enter a combat zone. I do not want to help people kill people because it is illegal, immoral, and against God's will. Having them actually say that you don't have to enter the army and fight people is hard especially whenever there is a draft-like situation when most people will be fighting.
What about the fourth option? If I am ever drafted, this is what I would do. The draft is illegal, sexist, immoral, and unconstitutional. I will not be forced to into slavery (which is illegal) or murder (which is illegal) or even being an accomplice in murdering (which is illegal).

Abolish the Draft and End the Selective Slavery System
<<

Mailas

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Re: Debate: The Draft

I stopped reading the other choices after you said move to canada.
Seems like the most smartest option.
I don't really hate Linux, but it's just too funny.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:07 pm

I would move to canada, I no longer support my government because of obama.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:08 pm

TheTyler0013 wrote:I would move to canada, I no longer support my government because of obama.

Wasn't this Bush's idea?
<<

Mailas

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:13 pm

crait wrote:
TheTyler0013 wrote:I would move to canada, I no longer support my government because of obama.

Wasn't this Bush's idea?

I think he's just talking in general.
Even so as a canadian I am seeing no change in the USA as this man has promised.
I don't really hate Linux, but it's just too funny.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Crait the Draft has been around before you and I were born.....so no. You have always had to register, I grew up in military family. And with it being so hard to get in the Military because of so many people joining, you WILL NOT be drafted anytime soon. So no need to worry,
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Actually, people have been drafted multiple times. Including times of peace. I was saying that the draft was his fault, I was saying the war was his fault.
@Mailas: That's good because that's how our government should be. Left alone. When people mess with it, that's when things start getting ugly.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:31 pm

:shock: I didnt say a thing about the war you missed my point. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR YOU IN OUR MILITARY!!!!! you cant even get a cook job. you wont be drafted. :mrgreen:
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:05 pm

I know that I won't. That's the point of this whole thing. I will not allow myself to be drafted.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Well if the draft were strictly used to fight enemies on our soil I would call you a coward.

But since the last time people were drafted, the went and died overseas, over LIES; I don't blame you for feeling the way you do.

However, If it comes down to it some day and a draft is called for because foreigners are attempting to take our soil by force and you flee, I'll have you know that you won't make it to your little safe haven in Canada cause I will do you myself before you get there!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Haha, Que... I love your replies. I'm not saying I'm a coward. I'm saying that I will not slaughter innocent people. You're right, those were lies. Just like the lies that are being fed to us, today. Whenever people learned that there were no WMD's in Iraq, they started dropping out of the army. Why? Because they were lied to. They thought they were defending the US by invading another country.
I won't let someone move me from my house or my land. That's why I'm not going to back down from a fight and that's why I'm not going to be bullied into leaving for a fake reason.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:05 pm

I also had to sign up for SS after learning that was one of the requirements for further financial aid >.> Even though I thought since I'm an only child that I won't be drafted?
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:25 pm

I'll give you a few more options:

5) make them thank you are mentally unstable.
6) commit a felony
7) get handicapped
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks, Advent! :D If I'm called in for war, I'll just walk bow-legged all the time.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 pm

this is the biggest sh*t ive heard out of all of you. suck it the f**k up and enjoy being a part of america, or be a f**k little b**ch and leave. you are supposed to support your country regaurdless of what happens, unless it changes from the democracy its supposed to be. now, the chances you will be actually fighting are slim. very slim. so enjoy the military benefits and dont be anti-american. it pisses me off and shows exactly how narrow and exactly how little you understand what america is supposed to be and what your supposed to be standing for. very f**k selfish of you.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
Next

Return to General Chat