<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:41 pm

Re: Why do you guys post really less now?

@ Alex

Thanks for posting on my facebook. I just knew that girl would comment and like what I said so thats why I put that. lol :)
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:40 pm

If anything, it would have to be that a lot of the topics are kinda boring to me. I still post in as many as I can but I totally agree with you, Da Cool man. I think even if people don't like to post in certain topics, they should to get the site energized and pumping. We all need to be welcoming new members and posting in their help threads. That's a very simple way to get new people to stay on this site.
I'll be posting a lot more often now that a lot of family issues have passed. Very, very disappointing.... -__-

Mailas didn't kick DPM off the site for personal reasons. DPM left for personal reasons. He even posted a leaving thread. I know for sure I never had any power, either.
I know for sure that this site isn't dead just because DPM decided to leave. This site will continue no matter who comes on or leaves.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 am

Its not about DPM crait, what he is/they're saying is mailas just came, started complaining and then left, and its not only DPM who left because of that... look for a member named Logistic, he really didn't get along with you either but he left as well....

Oh and DPM posts a bunch once in a while....
-Formerly DCM
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:48 am

Logistic didn't get along with people because he didn't want to get along with anyone. Whenever nothing would happen to people he didn't like, he got mad and left like he should have.
Mailas still posts, too. He gets on quite often but doesn't post for the same reasons that others have stated, not because it's one big conspiracy.

If you really want to help out, like I've suggested before, whenever you see a new member join the site, send them a PM that welcomes to the site, maybe include some useful links and generally be nice without them even needing to post. I got a few people to post because of that but the real challenge is keeping them here. We really need to network and get friends from other sites or even in real life to join up and if we have friends like that, then we need to tell them to get back online. (Yes, airplanes18! That's you! ;) )
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:12 am

"Mailas didn't kick DPM"
Mailas should be banned end of, i don't care who agree's disagree's people deserve two chances not eight.
Being redone
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 am

Logistic was a dick, I'm glad he's not here anymore. He was always instigating trouble.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:51 pm

crait wrote:Mailas didn't kick DPM off the site for personal reasons. DPM left for personal reasons. He even posted a leaving thread.
Well I didn't say DPM was kicked by Mailas I said:
que13x wrote:He was instrumental in destabilizing the board and getting DPM fired over personal feelings
This is how I saw it go down:

The first shots came from Mailas over some past drama that existed before I joined. Mailas apparently held a staff position but lost it to DPM for alleged abuses. Mailas was bitter over this and would constantly whine and take shots at staff whenever he had the opportunity.

Eventually the whining escalated to all out virus attacks on the board from the same IP that Mailas used (I have seen the evidence of Mailas using multiple accounts from more than one source and It wasn't photoshopped). Mailas used the same proxy for his bogus accounts as he did for his legitimate account. That's how he got caught by DPM because unless he was asleep or at work DPM was always on the brew and he dealt with Mailas as best as he could ultimately deleting any existence of Mailas every being a part of the brew. That's when Nik got involved. Someone contacted Nik (the owner) and painted Mailas as the victim and DPM as the bully. Nik then reinstated Mailas and demoted DPM.

I guess with Mailas original posts gone there was no record of the lead up to this point. That's why DPM lost his position. Even though DPM was no longer an admin he still tried to contribute by posting news. News posts was something he was always big on. Ultimately DPM left because he was sick of being harassed afterwards for his news posts by Mailas and others. That's when he posted his "leaving thread".
crait wrote:I know for sure I never had any power, either.

We all have the power. It's just that staff has the actual responsibility.
crait wrote:I know for sure that this site isn't dead just because DPM decided to leave. This site will continue no matter who comes on or leaves.

True. However it was his leaving that marked the beginning of a new era on the brew: The Era of Spam Topics!
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Haha. Que, I think 'The Era of Spam Topics' started when Da Cool Man joined this site. XD Just kidding.
I wasn't around when Mailas apparently became staff and delete the site or whatever he did, so I can't linger on that. He doesn't come on the site often anymore and he definitely hasn't argued with anyone that I've seen.

I still think that we need to 'ride this wave' of new members and encourage them to stay but ultimately, the best thing we can do to get more members on the site is network and get our friends from other sites or even in real life to join the site.
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:12 pm

God Damn it... why does everybody think my posts are spam... Now I'm going to stay alone and cry for a bit.... :cry: ... Just joking :P

anyways... I asked Mailas what happened, and he told me... He said he was promoted but he didn't like how DPM and the others run this site, so he deleted it, I might have the original post somewhere... lemme check....
-Formerly DCM
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:00 pm

~THE SZK~ wrote:God Damn it... why does everybody think my posts are spam... Now I'm going to stay alone and cry for a bit.... :cry: ... Just joking :P

anyways... I asked Mailas what happened, and he told me... He said he was promoted but he didn't like how DPM and the others run this site, so he deleted it, I might have the original post somewhere... lemme check....

Mailas had global moderator before I did. As Nik wanted me to be promoted, I told him I would not allow him to promote me any further unless he got rid of Mailas as global moderator. He did. About a year went by and as I was administrator, I allowed Mailas to have a global moderator position back, mostly to help train my newest appointments, Ace and BKF. Mailas decided to step down of his own accord, and let the staff and me know about him quitting. Months went by and he'd acquired the login that .Vault used, who was still appointed administrator, and he went into the database in the Administrator Control Panel using .Vault's account and tried to delete some databases. All-in-all, the threat was ill-fated, since he only managed to delete about 6 hours worth of posts. I am unsure even today why he went on to do something so malicious particularly because he stepped down himself.

After that, I made sure to ban him, but I did not delete him. I waited a little over a year and I allowed him to come back to the site, even though I honestly shouldn't have. After he'd been back for a few months, he'd created an alternate account named CrimsonFate and used it to "launch" a "6.20 Exploit" on our forum. The file in question was meant to be ran on the PC and he asked people to "let him know if it works or not". This was sent directly to me in a PM also, which shows he was deliberately attacking me as well as the rest of the forum. The file was a keylogger, and Mailas himself said "it was released on another forum" that he visits and that he ran it (to make him look like he's innocent).

Mailas should be deleted. End of story.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:20 pm

I thought he did get deleted....
<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:14 am

Nik has his accounted backed-up safe somewhere...
-Formerly DCM
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:42 am

Man I wish i coulda been there for most of this!

Id been around brew for about 6 months before i joined. no idea why, just didnt decide to. I didnt think it should have seeing as all i was doing was downloading stuff. shoulda joined earlier.
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am

I dont post much right now because I have been very busy, Just got new job. Moving back out. Bills, Life, Stress lol. But I usually keep up the Android area. (although i slacked for a bit)

but yeah its just a lot of boring post. seem fun at first then bleh. I go thru time where i dissapear but post here and there then I get Very active again. then repeat. guess life has a lot to do with it.
<<

Yumiko

Mega Brewer
Mega Brewer

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Because of what's happening in this very topic itself. Bye-bye.
由美子
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat