<<

The Cookie Monster

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 9 times

Thanks received: 54 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:01 pm

Re: I'm Tired Of People...

Let's see... More than 1.5 billion Muslims automatically get a bad name, have very less respect, get blamed for every other terrorist attack, can't build a building which includes a small mosque without the media ruining it... this all isn't getting hurt is it?
-Formerly DCM
<<

brentbizzle

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 15 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:12 pm

But then you get into the issue of defining who is hurt by 9/11 and which of them gets say. If 90% are ok with it but 10% aren't, then what happens?

Fact is, there is general sentiment of just not wanting it in that location. People have the right to protest just as much as they have the right to build there. No one is right, no one is wrong. But personally I don't they they should build it there. All the issue comes down to is opinion. I think it's in bad taste to put it there.

This is really cutting it down, but along similar lines. When a friend of yours gets divorced or breaks up with their significant other, do you bring along your partner and display your relationship like normal? If a friend of yours just lost their child would you be talking about your children just as you would any other day? If a friend's home burned down would you talk about your upcoming home improvement plans? You have every right to do all of that, and none of it would be malicious if done innocently. But the fact is decency and sensitivity for others' feelings would stop us from doing all the above.

offtopic:
Da Cool Man wrote:Let's see... More than 1.5 billion Muslims automatically get a bad name, have very less respect, get blamed for every other terrorist attack, can't build a building which includes a small mosque without the media ruining it... this all isn't getting hurt is it?

When have muslims ever had a GOOD name? I'm not going to hunt for stats, but whether you consider them muslim or not, so called "muslims" have been killing each other and others for centuries. Dunno if you noticed but the other religions kinda knocked off with the religious violence for the most part although you will still find isolated examples. I'm not talking about genocide, referring to killing in the name of religion.
Founding father of the Wiibrew Packgen.
About 2 noob posts away from going ape sh*t
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:25 pm

Da Cool Man wrote:Let's see... More than 1.5 billion Muslims automatically get a bad name, have very less respect, get blamed for every other terrorist attack, can't build a building which includes a small mosque without the media ruining it... this all isn't getting hurt is it?

999.9999999999% of the time Percentages are made up on the spot.
there are over 300 million american citizen's not to mention british and others who'd support it not being built, if it doesn't matter atall they can just build it away from the building and be fine.
"Muslims automatically get a bad name" your calling everyon racist so if im racist then why wouldn't i think there bad in the first place.
Also when this first happoned there wasn't news of muslims around the world protesting that these are 'Extremists' who have misinpurinted our relgion and are not apart of it, instead they are rubbing salt in a wound when if it means nothing, they could have built the small mosque anywhere else.
Yet they choose there, in my first arguement i was supporting YOUR issue, yet for some flabbergasting reason you choose to go against a small part of what i said, in what i did not want to elaberate in the first place
Wise words "when you have one a arguement shutup" - Raxor friend from a video game ^^
using that metaphoricly saying i suggest your issue so there was no need. Point stands if this means nothing to the muslims they can build it anywhere else they know to alot of the non intelligent american's that its going to insult them Weather or not they have good reason the unintelligent ones (i'll call them by this now) won't care views won't be changed, and your just angering people for no reason, and in a way its just reminding people of the events what happoned and Who did it. Just because he was muslims and well its widely known and it being a mosque will just bring up memorys stiring up unwanted s**t.
made Before i saw Brent's post and its 3:25 am so im too tired to re-edit for now.
Being redone
Previous

Return to General Chat