<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:51 am

Re: Final Fantasy 14 Benchmark Test

Sorry, ace, I hadn't read this until just now.

I have a Phenom II X2 Callisto 3.1ghz dual-core processor, however, with my motherboard I can unlock the two deactivated cores, so I have. It's now a quad core Phenom II X4 and at the moment is running at the stock 3.1ghz on each core, but it can hit 3.6ghz perfectly fine with a max stable overclock (on air) of 3.825.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 am

I got the benchmark to "load" now. It used to open up and crash out instantly, but now it opens up, shows the square enix logo, then shows the Final Fantasy logo in the top left, but otherwise is all black. I got this by underclocking my processor to 13x5 multiplier and then using software to overclock my HT Link Ref (Front Side Bus for AMD processors) to 225 (default 200).

*actually, as of posting this, the bench actually DOES RUN, but it runs and gets a score of 51. It starts at 1 and goes up 1 every second - gaining in performance as it's running. Why is it behaving so weird, I wonder?

*EDIT*

HEY HEY HEY, check it out! I got it running in low for right now. It's a sad shame I had to run it by underclocking... :( My processor is stock at 3.1ghz, so it's dropped to 2.7ghz for this test. I'll try and get the high mode to work and see if I can keep raising my processor clock speeds. :D

*EDIT #2*
This time I ran with 2.7ghz, again, underclocked, but at high settings. I've already beat Q and my processor is UNDERclocked lol! On top of that, this is also with my rig having 6gb of ram instead of 8, which doesn't really matter so much, but it's also running at DDR2 667 speeds instead of DDR2 800mhz speeds... and that matters quite a bit. I'll try raising the stakes to see where I get!

*EDIT #3*

Well, well, well... so I finally got it running how I normally run games that require extra power. I'm running the processor at 3.6ghz per core now (quad core). The RAM is also running at spec speeds (DDR2 800mhz @ 5-4-4-12 timings). The graphics card is an ATI 4890 1gb GDDR5 running at stock 880mhz core clock and 999mhz memory clock. To add insult to injury, and lay claim to the fastest PC on the Brewology, I present this:

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:39 am

Heh that's weird, at least you got it running finally. My score was only 1778 on low :(.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:36 pm

If I ran the low test now at 3.6ghz it would probably hit 4,000.

-DarkPacMan77-
Previous

Return to General Chat