<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:38 am

My Money

Okay, so I had this savings account with my mother before I was 18. That meant that my mother had all the rights over, but once I hit a certain age, it was supposed to change over into my name. Well, we went in whenever I was old enough and we changed it to a college savings account where I had full control over it and add in a checking account so that I actually had two accounts that I could do whatever I needed with. Well, I go onto the Chase website and I try to move some of my funds around but it only shows me that I have one account: My checking account. So, I called up and asked them how come I can't see my other account and they said because I don't have another account. My checking account had only 11 cents in it and I really needed to move some funds over to that, too. I asked what happened to my savings account and the lady said that I don't have one and that my mother does under my name. Meaning that it was a savings account with my mother. I was furious because up until this time, I had never needed my mother for any of my banking since it was all changed over to my name. I was angry. So, I did what any angry person would do, I went in there to talk to the people at my local branch instead of just talking to them on the phone.
When I went in there, I asked them where my money went and why. They said that it's always been in that account and that they never changed the account to not be a minor account. "Then why could I withdraw money from it by myself? How come I did it just a few weeks ago?"
"Well, you didn't. You can't."
"Yes, I did. You guys changed the ownership of the account without my consent."
She got the manager to come in and he told me the same thing. "Well, tell me how much is in there, at least. I need to know so that I know if my loans came in or not."
He wouldn't even tell me. In fact, he wouldn't even tell me the account number!
Well, I left and called up the Chase headquarters and they said that in fact, I cannot have a minor account because I'm 19 and not a minor anymore. And just to be sure, the lady checked with her supervisor. So, I went in there again. And again, they told me the same thing even after telling them. So, I called the HQ up again and the lady checked with her supervisor and even saw it in the 'job aid.' So, I asked her for that information and where she saw it. I went in there again and went straight to the manager. Again, he would not give me any information. He told me that I was being lied to about the information.'
Heh. What a pitty. I'll call up and change my account over the phone since they're the only ones that aren't retarded.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 am

Re: My Money

Huh, aint that something lol. I just went in myself and got a student checking/savings although at first they did mess up my savings account and made it a regular one where you had to have a minimum balance of $300 so after the first month they deducted like 10 bucks from my savings account, even though I had a student checking account, and I when I called in and got it fixed I still haven't gotten that $10 back >.> That was with Wachovia btw.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:52 pm

This is how it works, get with the program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u875UoZHEaw
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:30 pm

I have Chase and they stole my money. Very, very similar to what Que posted.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:53 pm

Crap, what is your next move?
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:36 pm

No clue. .... I'll update you guys on that tomorrow. Kinda stressed about it.
Probably call up the HQ and get them to change everything instead of going into a branch.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:17 pm

You'd have to have your mother and her consent, most likely in person, to have the funds that are "yours" moved into an account under your control. Since you aren't a minor, they're correct, it's impossible to have a minor account, but it could very well be that the funds were merely routed to and from your mother's savings account. She can, at any time, deny such a transaction if you had privileges to access it before, so if you've made your mother angry, that might be the cause of it.

Banking institutions, at the core level, are just crooks in collars.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:26 pm

We did that. They changed the ownership of the account from my name to my mother's after she was no longer associated with my account.
In fact, I closed the savings account after I had changed it over to be under my ownership to avoid a fee. I opened a completely different savings account and that's the one that they changed without my permission. It seems like there shouldn't even be a trace of my mother's name anywhere near my account.

Return to General Chat