<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 51 times

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:47 pm

The Black Quiz

Alright, I have to type this all up again. Ugh... My computer died right before I submitted it...

Alright, there are going to be 8 people given to you and your job is to think about what you would think if you saw them just walking down the street in America. Do you think the following people are African American?
Please, do not use Google. That will just let you know that you're a moron. If you don't know the person, just guess. After, check your answers!

_________________________Quiz____________________________________
1. Condaliza Rice

2. Harry Roselmack

3. Jason Derülo

4. Melissa Baxter

5. Michael Jordan

6. Mr. Rogers

7. Barrack Obama

8. Dina Powell

_________________________Answers_____________________
1. If you said Condaliza Rice is African American, then you're right! Her family is African American and she was born in Alabama. She even has lead many African American groups.
2. If you said Harry Roselmack is African American, then you're wrong! i don't even think that this person has ever visited America before, too. He is just a black, French anchor.
3. If you said Jason Derülo is African American, then you're wrong! Yes, he is American, but his family is from Haiti. Last time I checked, Haiti is as far away from Africa as Florida is.
4. If you said Melissa Baxter is African American, then you're right! She was born in African and moved to America. She has dual citizenship, hence she's African American. And yes, she's one of my close friends.
5. If you said Michael Jordan is African American, then you're right! He's a black, African American. No real explanation needed. I through him in to throw you off.
6. If you said Mr. Rogers is African American, then you're wrong! He's just a white American who has stated that many, many times before.
7. Trick question! If you said Barrack Obama is African American, then you're wrong! Yes, his father came here from Kenya and many of his family members are African, but he was born in American and has denounced his African heritage to be a 'pure American.'
8. If you said Dina Powell is African American, then you're right! She is Egyptian American and Egypt is in Africa.

________________________Scoring___________________________________
If you got 1-2 right: Um.... I think you could do better, but this was designed to be hard.
If you got 3-4 right: Good job! Didn't think you'd get that many, but then again, if you got 4, that's 50% and there's a 50% chance on each question...
If you got 5-6 right: Wow! That's great! :D Good job!
If you got 7 right: Congrats! But, you most likely used Google.
If you got all 8 right: You definitely used Google. Cheater.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am

Re: The Black Quiz

The instructions were kinda fuzzy but I got all of them right except for Harry Roselmack. I took a guess with Jason Derülo and lucked out. And I figured Melissa Baxter was there to trick us :P. The others were easy.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am

Wow, I can't believe I left out the most important instruction... -__-
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:01 pm

Although stating that someone is not African American because they are from another country is accurate the bottom line is that just about all dark skinned people originate from Africa.

I am not sure how to respond to Obama not being an African American without trolling but I think saying that he is not just takes merit from the quiz.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:20 pm

I still think Obama was born in Kenya...
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

Alex Finlay

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:37 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:I still think Obama was born in Kenya...

probably, lets put him on a runway and find out.
i got 90% of this wrong so doesn't matter.
Being redone
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:40 pm

BKFraiders7 wrote:I still think Obama was born in Kenya...

I concur. :p

Although if they or at least their parents/grandparents aren't from any country then I wouldn't consider that person to be 'any'-american. Yea your heritage could be from another country but anyone in America has heritage originating from another country. That's what I get from it at least.

But to stay on topic! I only got like half right. O well.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:56 pm

Ace got it totally right. Your family can be from anywhere and you can be American.
@Que: Actually, there are 192 countries that blacks originate from. How many are in Africa? There are only 54. Some notable places that blacks originate from are Australia, India, Haiti, New Guinea... The list goes on. And they are not from India. I would say that most blacks are not of African Descent the past 3-4 generations.
@BKF: McCain was born in Panama.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Why thank you kind sir.
In all fairness though both of McCain's parents were natural born citizens and were stationed overseas where they lived at the time of his birth. I don't think bad timing of his birth by a father in the US armed forces and a mother who was also a natural born citizen should contend his eligibility.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:24 pm

I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to be president because he is certainly an American citizen. I was just pointing that out. Most people don't know that.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:30 pm

crait wrote:Que: Actually, there are 192 countries that blacks originate from. How many are in Africa? There are only 54. Some notable places that blacks originate from are Australia, India, Haiti, New Guinea... The list goes on. And they are not from India. I would say that most blacks are not of African Descent the past 3-4 generations.

Why do I always have to educate you people?

READ: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic ... _seafarers

How do you think they got to those 192 countries? It wasn't creation or evolution.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Que.... I hate whenever people say that everyone is from Africa. I don't believe that it is true, but if it is, then everyone is African? Nah, that's not true.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:14 pm

I can understand how you feel so I only go as far as saying most dark or black people originate from Africa even the ones from Haiti and Tierra Del Fuego and the Aboriginal peoples from the region of Oceania.

However, the straight haired blacks with fine features that originate from India are an enigma to me.

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:45 pm

@ Crait- Oh I didnt support McCain either. Lesser of 2 evils is all
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:18 pm

que13x wrote:I can understand how you feel so I only go as far as saying most dark or black people originate from Africa even the ones from Haiti and Tierra Del Fuego and the Aboriginal peoples from the region of Oceania.

I don't see how you can still say that. Even if everyone eventually came from Africa, that doesn't make you African. There comes a point where you are no longer associated with a specific country or region once you culturally or genetically differ greatly enough, or are an offspring of an Nth generation. For instance, you don't hear someone say that they are 1/512th Romanian. Or 1/256th Italian.

que13x wrote:However, the straight haired blacks with fine features that originate from India are an enigma to me.

Black is just a color of skin. Which is the whole point of this post. People all over the world have black skin and they are black, not African American. There are some African Americans that are black, and there are some that are white.
Next

Return to General Chat