<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Thoughts on Call of Duty Black Ops?

I just picked up this game, but on the PC. The PC is unfortunately plagued with an odd lag issue right now that needs to get patched first, but anyways, I like the game a lot. The SAM sites are one of my favorite things... I've made so much experience off of them.

Anyways, thoughts on the game? Who owns it? Steam is "DarkPacMan77" if you get it on PC.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:24 am

Re: Thoughts on Call of Duty Black Ops?

Me and my buddy played it (although the one we were playing might not have been the final release version if yah kno what I mean...) and played splitscreen zombies & a few rounds of multiplayer. Well firstly the zombies made me feel like I was playing WaW again and not a new game, and the graphics weren't all that great either imo. I always liked Infinity Ward's style of maps better anyways, Treyarchs seems too dark or something idk, but the multiplayer felt like it had some sort of input lag to me. Similar to Bad Company 1 when it was released, which seems like the complete opposite of any CoD game. That's the whole reason I liked CoD, because it was pretty accurate in terms of movement and aiming, but this one seemed to lack that a great deal and didnt feel like a CoD game to me, along with the way looking around feels pretty odd. It seems like it moves too fast when you aim down the sights or something, not sure how to explain it. The perks are pretty cool but theres really no reason to run with bling on all my classes anymore because for some reason you can't have a new scope with any under barrel attachments. I'll prolly get around to playing multiplayer this weekend.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

que13x

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 6 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:28 am

Zombies? Are you serious?? I thought this was about special forces in a modern setting not some parallel resident evil universe.

The zombie idea has become trite.
The programmers you will one day be looking to hire are the ones reading the tech news sites right now.

And they will remember...

~George Hotz @ $ony
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:56 am

The CoD games never really interested me and I really didn't like Modern Warfare... But, I'm with you, que13x. Why zombies?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:08 am

They only brought back the zombies mode because it was such a big hit in WaW. Also they can't make any more CoD after like the cold war or something like that, so no more "modern warfare" :( If I recall my buddy told me this one takes place around the cold war and vietnam. Personally I liked CoD4 the best out of any of them, and I'm very confident it will always stay that way now that Treyarch is making them all. Hopefully it won't be the same for 343 studios and halo though.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:50 pm

que13x wrote:Zombies? Are you serious?? I thought this was about special forces in a modern setting not some parallel resident evil universe.

The zombie idea has become trite.

You gotta see the movie in the game with JFK, Castro, Nixon etc. talking about how they're going to fight the zombies lol.

I gotta say, the console versions are without that "input lag", but that odd lag that you mention, ace, is present on the PC version only worse than it was "pre-release". Even with that horrid lag situation on the PC, the game is solid as hell IMO. The urban settings are nice, and the game seems very well balanced compared to Modern Warfare 2. There's guns with RECOIL... yeah... RECOIL... something Modern Warfare 2 had barely any of with their laser weapons.

The worst part about the game, I haven't been able to pinpoint just yet. I find myself struggling to get 5-6-7 kills in a row. Normally, I would equate that to the game being new and me being a new player, but it's just not that. No matter if I'm in hardcore TDM or regular TDM, I get shot at from the most obscure angles and locations. If I hunker down in a corner with nothing behind me and no way to get snuck up from behind... I get shot in the back. I haven't been able to tell if this is hacking or simply the PC version being unresponsive to player input/ damage input, but once the PC version gets a patch or two, I see this being excellent.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 pm

The 3 rounds of Zombies I played made me feel like I was playing WAW as well. Kinda dissapointed, but Im sure Il enjoy it more as I play through it more with friends (they added a crawling zombie I havent seen)

Multiplayer kicks butt so far. I love it. Its...different. Which makes it better to me

+No stopping Power
+++++ No jugg
+++++++++++++++++no Painpill
+ No stacking kill streaks
+ a TON of customization

This very well may be the best Treyarch game created.

Gotta play for a little while longer to really get a good review down
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Game is average. Why do graphics lack so much? And why is their still no clan system built into this game? If it have clan leaderboards private severs for clan matches this game would easily be the best. Has anyone ever played battlefield 2 modern combat for the 360 or ps2?
ImageImage
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:36 am

graphics are a little lackluster other than that, the game is fun as hell.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:28 am

Could it be because of all the customization? I mean, this is THE most customizable CoD game to date so maybe they lad to take the graphics down a notch because of that? Well, besides the fact they are still using a current generation Engine when they should be using a next gen engine for this type of game. Maybe next time Activision will let them.

Image Image
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:58 am

ok heres the scoop from what ive heard around town about the whole "modern warfare" title court battle and it goes as follows, according to Infinity Ward's original contract they own the name "Modern Warfare" while Activision owns the name Call of Duty, it also states in the original contract Activision is not allowed to make any Call of Duty game past the Veitnam War because that would be considered "Modern Warfare" if they do decide to they will have to get permission from the guys they fired (i don't remember their names so please don't ask i just remembered they got fired and they are suing Activision for money owed and Activision is suing for the right to use the name "Modern warfare") and personally i don't think it will since i heard a rumor that the Development company they created (Rage Software) is currently working on a Modern Warfare type FPS.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 am

BKFraiders7 wrote:Could it be because of all the customization? I mean, this is THE most customizable CoD game to date so maybe they lad to take the graphics down a notch because of that? Well, besides the fact they are still using a current generation Engine when they should be using a next gen engine for this type of game. Maybe next time Activision will let them.

You should try rainbow6 vegas2.
ImageImage
<<

irishdragon85

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 16 times

Thanks received: 7 times

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:28 am

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:You should try rainbow6 vegas2.

i loved R6V2 i had it for the 360 and i made it to like Elite lvl 2 or 3 if i'm not mistaken. do they have it for the PS3?
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 am

The ONLY thing about these games that I enjoy are the zombies. If you want to go to war, there's one going on right now, I'm sure they'd love to have you. Until then, ZOMBIES!
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:05 am

D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:
BKFraiders7 wrote:Could it be because of all the customization? I mean, this is THE most customizable CoD game to date so maybe they lad to take the graphics down a notch because of that? Well, besides the fact they are still using a current generation Engine when they should be using a next gen engine for this type of game. Maybe next time Activision will let them.

You should try rainbow6 vegas2.

Oh yea I know there are much better customizable games then BO..but it is the most customizable CoD game to date like I stated.

Image Image
Next

Return to General Chat