<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:40 am

Re: No one is talking about this?

light_alistor has a good point. A lot of people think that all 'pirated' copies of games are being played as much as other games are. They are wrong. Many people download them to play until they save up enough to buy it legally, they want to demo the game out, or any of the other numerous reasons. Any game that I got into playing that I 'pirated,' I actually bought legitimately because it was good.

I pirated Coded Arms and liked it so much, I asked for it for Christmas. I pirated Resistance and disliked playing it after 20 minutes, so I deleted it. If I didn't 'pirate' either of them, I would not have bought either of them. I would have simply bought a game that I knew I would like like GTA because I know that I liked the others. Pirating games allows people to explore beyond their comfort zones and buy games that they are too afraid to pay to try.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:44 am

I downloaded GTAIV before I bought it off steam. Same as I did with Mass Effect. I just like to know what I'm getting myself into before I commit.
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:07 am

crait wrote:light_alistor has a good point. A lot of people think that all 'pirated' copies of games are being played as much as other games are. They are wrong. Many people download them to play until they save up enough to buy it legally, they want to demo the game out, or any of the other numerous reasons. Any game that I got into playing that I 'pirated,' I actually bought legitimately because it was good.

I pirated Coded Arms and liked it so much, I asked for it for Christmas. I pirated Resistance and disliked playing it after 20 minutes, so I deleted it. If I didn't 'pirate' either of them, I would not have bought either of them. I would have simply bought a game that I knew I would like like GTA because I know that I liked the others. Pirating games allows people to explore beyond their comfort zones and buy games that they are too afraid to pay to try.

Who are you trying to prove a point to? I agree completely with you. I have done the same thing many times on the PSP. Plus I have bought games off the psn but since I'm on CFW I can't play them so I have to get pirated patched versions.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm just throwing the facts out there. I'm not trying to prove anything or argue. :) Just stating my opinion while we're on the subject.
Previous

Return to General Chat