<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 2 times

Thanks received: 60 times

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Obama

What's going on? back in 2008 you loved him, now nobody can stand him? I'm so confused...
I need an American to explain to me what is going on in the U.S.
Not trying to make you guys sound bad, I'm honestly curious.

Just thought I'd ask.

Oh, and what are your opinions on this guy? he seems like he has some class. (and He's a Republican.)

And if any American tells me not to stick my head in other countries business, I'll laugh BTW. :wink:
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Obama

Bahahahahaha In 2008...I hated him. In 2011, I hated him. No opinion changed.

Honestly, and theres video proof if I try to go find it, he got the black vote. And thats not racist. But theres video of reporters asking African Americans (and some whites mind you) if they agreed with certain views that McCain supported but said Obama agreed with these points and they shouted and praised his name.
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 195 times

Thanks received: 50 times

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:32 am

People dislike him, and those who dislike him are complaining more now than ever. You're hearing from them, not the actual Obama-supporters.
In fact, based on recent polls, there is more support for him and less support for oppositions than in 2008! :D
BKF, what do you mean, "got the black vote?" Got a minority to vote for him in general? If so, he also got the "Mexican vote." Just because some people are idiotic doesn't mean all blacks are. It actually doesn't mean anything about their skin color. I asked my mom, who voted for McCain, if she voted for him for certain things and she just flat-out said that she doesn't know what McCain's viewpoints are.
Now, you tell me which is worse. To me, they are the same and you can't just suggest that he got a certain minority's vote wrongly because there were many, many blacks who knew a lot about why they were voting. I expect the ratio of black who knew why they were voting versus didn't know why they were voting to be the same as the ratio of whites who knew why they were voting versus didn't know why they were voting."
So, you see, BKF, even if you found that video, it proves nothing as it's not represeting a whole skin tone of society.

Personally, I'm glad he didn't directly send Americans into Libya, and instead used either the UN or NATO like Bush should have. Personally, I'm glad that the health care reform bill got passed. And personally, I'm glad Obama's budget plan saves us 4 trillion dollars over the next 4 years instead of saving 1 trillion now like most Republicans wanted. Too bad if we get another president in 2012 that they will take credit for Obama's financial fixes. That's really the problem with saving more money down the road instead having a crappy pay-off now.
All of these things really angered a lot of people, especially Republicans, to turn more emotional and violent and to speak up, generally, about these issues. I don't understand why 1) they don't agree with Obama entering Libya yet supported entering the Middle East, 2) don't understand that the health care reform breaks trusts and monopolies, giving everyone a better chance at health care and if their rates go up, it's because the health care company's fault because this reform doesn't make that happen but they're happy to blame Obama for it to get away with raising people's rates, and 3) Republicans try to say, "SEE! HE'S NOT TRYING TO SAVE THE US MONEY!" when in fact he is saving us more money down the road.

People will complain and complain until they sound like they're right, even if their complaints are based off of lies and those gullible enough to believe them will probably help spread those lies and complaints. That's what you're hearing.
I'm not a Democrat, even though I share many views, and I'm not a Republican, even though I share many views. In fact, I support Ron Paul, who's a Republican, more than any other president I've seen in a long while. I look at issues, unlike the bulk of America, and I know what I'm talking about, unlike the bulk of America, and that's how I come to my decisions. Labeling yourself as one party or another makes most people feel like they have to go with the flow of the decisions those parties make and their relatives and family sometimes choose to be in that party just to go with the flow of it... Sadly, this leads to people not knowing what the heck they're talking about. I don't do this and many of the people who voted for Obama don't do this. So, you don't really hear from this No Label group.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm

So as usual, I totally agree with BKF. Didn't like Obama in 08, and I still don't like him. And I completely agree that he got the black vote. I'm all for against being racist, but its the truth. I know historically the democrats get most of the black vote but if I recall the common average of blacks that voted, 93% voted for Obama. Just saying.

Also this isn't the exact video BKF is talking about but its relatively close: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

Going to a 95% black high school you would not believe the Obama support in that school, I would be very interested in how much of my high school would have been all hyped up about the presidential election if we couldn't actually see the physical person who we were voting for, and not know what party they were in. O wait, then Ron Paul would have won XD

On a side note: Why do blacks not want to be looked down upon yet we still call them a "minority"? I guess the whole minority thing is for another thread, I still just don't see why there is so much emphasis put on blacks being a minority, evidently those people haven't been to Charlotte, NC...

Oh and from now on I shall right "European-American" as my race on everything.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Well from a foreign perspective, I think you guys should vote for Ron Paul. ;)

He's like the Bush you never had IMO.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:51 pm

I don't entirely agree with everything Ron Paul says, but everything in that video he said I totally agree with ;)
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Wow... Ace... you didn't read my post?

On a side note: Why do blacks not want to be looked down upon yet we still call them a "minority"? I guess the whole minority thing is for another thread, I still just don't see why there is so much emphasis put on blacks being a minority, evidently those people haven't been to Charlotte, NC...

You don't see this as racist? Surely you must know that a lot of blacks actually don't want to or don't like being referred to as a minority? You basically are saying the same thing as, "Why do cripples not want to be looked down on but are still called cripple?" Usually, it isn't blacks calling themselves a minority or asking for extra help. None of the black people I have ever met have ever asked anyone for anything special simply because they were black.

Oh and from now on I shall right "European-American" as my race on everything.

Wow.... Not all blacks are African-American and not all African-Americans are blacks. I don't know why you would bring this up in this thread at all. My ancestors are Scandinavian and Scottish. Am I European-American? No, and don't call me that. I'm purely American and there are many black people with the same view as that.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:04 am

crait wrote:Wow... Ace... you didn't read my post?

You don't see this as racist? Surely you must know that a lot of blacks actually don't want to or don't like being referred to as a minority? You basically are saying the same thing as, "Why do cripples not want to be looked down on but are still called cripple?" Usually, it isn't blacks calling themselves a minority or asking for extra help. None of the black people I have ever met have ever asked anyone for anything special simply because they were black.

What? Did you even read my post? I was saying that calling them a minority is belittling them and counter productive. I'm not sure what you are arguing with me about?? And about your last point, I don't want to turn this into a fair chance topic or what have you but all I can say about your last sentence is "minority scholarships".

crait wrote:Wow.... Not all blacks are African-American and not all African-Americans are blacks. I don't know why you would bring this up in this thread at all. My ancestors are Scandinavian and Scottish. Am I European-American? No, and don't call me that. I'm purely American and there are many black people with the same view as that.

I said that because all of the statistics I was looking up for exit polls during the 08' election referred to black people as African-American. Either there weren't many options to select "Black" as your race in exit polls or I wasn't looking at the right statistics.
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:32 am

I thought you were saying that they don't want to be looked down upon but call themselves a minority. I've actually heard that argument before, but it was quite surprising coming from you. I understand that you weren't trying to say that and I totally agree that everyone deserve a fair chance at everything in life and should not be treated like a 'minority race.'
But yeah, we already had a big thread about blacks-only scholarships. I think that if you apply for a black-only scholarship, they can't deny you because you're white. Just like joining the Black Student Alliance.
<<

BKFraiders7

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Location: On COD:BO2 iPhone User:5 Mac User: Macbook Pro Mtn Lion

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 31 times

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

If there were less Apples than Oranges the apples would be in a minority.... We dont call them equal.
Not calling an African American a minority, when In fact he is in a minority, is stupid. This doesn't show "how far society has come". It shows the exact opposite. It shows how as a Country we are so scared of being labeled as a racist we tiptoe around the truth in every little bit to avoid the subject. People can be so sensitive.

And Crait, some of that is intended to you. And anyone else who thinks me calling a black person black is racist.

*Improved some grammar*
Watch me stream on MIXER or follow on Youtube at ChA0TiCxDR3AMS

Image Image
<<

crait

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Actually, BKF, I was saying that I hate whenever people say that they need to be treated differently because they are a minority. There is a difference between calling someone part of a minority if they are and treating someone differently because they are part of a minority. I'm one of the people that doesn't just see someone and say, "They are part of a minority, so I will treat them better." I will treat them like a human, and like how I treat others.
One thing that irks me is whenever I see someone that's handicapped or retarded and they are in a wheelchair and I see their shirt has a cool design on it or something and I look at it to get a better image of it... (I don't wear my glasses like I should.) And then someone comes up and tells me that it's rude to stare at those kinds of people! That's what angers me. If they were not handicapped, I would still look at their shirt the same way I did, but because they are a minority, people think they should be treated with better care when in fact, I was treating them the way I would treat any human being. Same goes with gender, race, religion... etc.
BKF, if I call someone black, it is not racist if they are black. I think it's racist for people that have black families to call themselves black whenever they have whiter skin than I do, though, because they are not black. Just like whenever someone says, "Don't call him black! He's African American!" And I say, "His skin is black, so he is black. He actually has no family from Africa, so he's not African American." That's where I'm upset, but then someone comes and says, "It doesn't matter, if someone is black, then they are African American." In my eyes, that's one of the most racist things that can be said. Why? Because if someone is black, that doesn't mean they are African-American because they may not have family that is from Africa, or America, and may not be from Africa, or America, themselves. And they are white people that move to America from Africa, yet sometimes are prohibited to label themselves as African-American.
On that point, Mellisa Baxter, a white girl I know that was born in Africa but moved to America, was prohibited from putting 'African-American' because she wasn't black. That is pure and simple racism. It's denying someone from showing their true heritage whenever they needed to.

So, long story short, BKF, I agree with everything you said and I don't recall ever going against any of that or seeing any reason for that stuff to be brought up.
<<

Kanadier

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Umm. Obama? Lol

For this message the author Kanadier has received thanks:
crait

Return to General Chat