<<

Vaine

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:07 am

Furniture polishing

Please tell me what is the best way to polish furniture? What materials are better to use in order not to damage the surface?
<<

Sundall

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:21 am

Re: Furniture polishing

It is very important to choose gentle and high-quality sheets or towels for polishing and dusting. I use eco-friendly bamboo towels https://glosclean.com/ for this purpose. In addition, they are reusable. I would also recommend using beeswax or olive oil for polishing. They give a natural shine and an extraordinary effect.
<<

ErnestineSchillings

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:23 am

Re: Furniture polishing

Polishing wooden furniture is not rocket science. You can do it by following these simple steps:

Before applying polish, you need to ensure the wooden surface is clean. You can use a microfiber towel and dishwashing soap to clean the furniture at first.

Now, you can apply a quality wax polish like this but don't apply the polish directly on bare or existing wood. Yes, it is always advised to apply polish on a soft brush or cloth. Extra use of polish could be troublesome. Similarly, I am referring to Briwax Original Natural Wax Polish because it has a quick-drying formula, and you can use it anywhere. Besides, if you are a newbie, only choose wax polish and avoid spray polishes.

Now, you can wipe the soft cloth or brush with the grain. The results will appear robustly. However, if you don't find exact results, you can apply more polish according to your needs. Again, don't overuse the polish.

Return to General Chat