<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:38 pm

Steve Irwin=Dead

One of the most crazy men of our time is dead, Steve Irwin A.K.A The Crocodile Hunter died this morning,shortly after 11:00 a.m. local time (01:00 UTC), the details are sketchy but he died early this morning after being impaled by a stingray.News reports say he was stung either through his heart or through the left side of his chest by a stingray. After he was stung, his crew called for medical help and the Queensland Rescue Helicopter responded, taking him to Cairns Base Hospital. However, Irwin was immediately pronounced dead at the scene. The Queensland Police Service notified his family and released a statement for the media concerning the event.

Forever we will remember this great man and all he has done for people around the world, by that I mean do what he was doing when he died, screw around with animals, but He was a good man and he will be severly missed.

He died filming a documentary and died doing his job.

9/4/06 R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter, you will be missed

He was 44 when he died.
PS3 Friend Name:Supashay91
Passion,Joy,Sorrow,Pain and tears.
They will all be pabulum of your life.
<<

kprat4

Administrator
Administrator

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:03 am

will miss the crocodile hunter... truly sad that he was killed, but ironic that a stingray out of all the killer animals he encountered was the animal to end his run.
<<

im_on_teh_computer

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:05 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

This is a sad day for all of us who like to watch TV in hopes of seeing Steve Irwin doing something completely crazy but getting out of it alive...

R.I.P. You crazy mother f***er...
Back, and playing with my "zompsp".
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:06 am

yeah, well they can mass people up pretty bad it Impaled him thats sure, but not enough info has been released to know were. Man, and just a little over a year ago people were mad at him for the fiasco he pulled with his baby comparing it to Michael Jackson's actions, but man I loved his show and I never thought of something like this happening.
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:48 am

I never really watched his show all the time, but I've always heard
of it and seen on tv some of the times. But its really sad to hear that.
Last edited by Slick on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:50 am

It's a shame, he is susceeded by his American wife and 2 children, man that has to suck...
<<

Slick

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:52 am

yeah..I thought pretty he was pretty funny, kids in other countries
probably loved him too.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:38 am

yeah, well he was a great guy and he really cared for these animals he was a prominent speaker against hunting animals such as crocs and stingrays saying that it would have a negative effect on tourism, well he was a good person and had a good heart, until now I guess :roll:
<<

Necrophiliac

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:08 am

As a person who studied Herpetology as an academic I felt that the guy was a moron and would deserve to be killed by a crocodilian or snake but what a freak accident to be impaled through the heart by a stingray barb. Now I feel bad, he was definitely amusing no matter how bad his handling techniques were. Stingrays are gentile creatures; I have kept many in large aquariums. They are extremely intelligent (for fish) and mine would come to the surface to be "pet" and take food right from their hands. Generally people only get stung when they step on one and their venom isn't dangerous enough to kill a human (unless you’re allergic as with a bee sting). But some of the larger species do have long barbs that could definitely do some damage although this is the first time I've ever heard of someone getting killed by one. Sucks.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:50 am

yeah, and he is only the thrid person to be killed in this spot, but man this is truly a big deal, he was always a cool guy and he did lots of awesome stuff, but I'm sure people will never stop missing him, man it's truly amazing how a person can be there one day and be gone the next, I mean no one ever wakes up knowing they are gonna die, and when you are in that situation I would think thats the last thought on your mind, it really sucks that he's gone :C
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:57 am

Oh yea, I read about this in the news last night.
I mean before he was like my hero when I was 8 since i always watched crocodile hunter, and when the movie came out I saw it on the first day, and now this....
Damn sting rays,
R.I.P Crocodile Hunter.
<<

the_end_is_near

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:19 am

"by croky im gunna jump on this HUGe crock and wrestle him watch!"

in my opinion he was a crazy idoit but thats why i watched... i was waiting to see his arm get bit off or sumthin but
i guess its worse

R.I.P you f*cking psychopath
<<

vector1394

Experienced Brewer
Experienced Brewer

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:21 am

i added the pic in honor of his death. :cry:
<<

Mailas

Post Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:30 pm

Umm, I don't think you can do that, its too big.
Anyways I watched like almost every episode.
<<

Supashay91

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:05 am

THIS JUST IN!!!!:

By BRIAN CASSEY, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 32 minutes ago

CAIRNS, Australia - Videotape of Steve Irwin's last moments shows him pulling a poisonous stingray barb from his chest but no evidence that he had provoked the fish, officials said Tuesday, as tributes poured in for TV's beloved "Crocodile Hunter."

Irwin, 44, who made a career out of getting dangerously close to deadly beasts, was stabbed through the heart Monday while swimming with the stingray during filming of a new TV program on Australia's Great Barrier Reef.

John Stainton, Irwin's manager who was among the crew on the reef, said the fatal blow that came while Irwin was snorkeling was caught on videotape, and described viewing the footage as having the "terrible" experience of watching a friend die.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone," Stainton told reporters in the Queensland state city of Cairns, where Irwin's body was taken for an autopsy.

Police were holding the tape as evidence for a coroner's inquiry — a standard procedure in high-profile deaths or those caused by other than natural causes.

Experts agree human deaths caused by stingrays are extremely rare and speculate the stingray may have felt trapped between the cameraman and the TV star.

But Queensland Police Superintendent Michael Keating said there was no evidence Irwin threatened or intimidated the stingray, a normally placid species that only deploys its poisonous tail spines as a defense.

Stainton said Irwin was in his element in the Outback, but that he and Irwin had talked about the sea posing threats the star wasn't used to.

"If ever he was going to go, we always said it was going to be the ocean," Stainton said. "On land he was agile, quick-thinking, quick-moving and the ocean puts another element there that you have no control over."

Irwin's American wife, Terri, and two young children returned late Monday from a trekking vacation in Tasmania to Australia Zoo, the wildlife park where the family lived at Beerwah in Queensland's southeast.

Australia Zoo was open Tuesday — staff said it was what he would have wanted — but the mood was somber and most visitors paid respects at a makeshift shrine of bouquets and handwritten condolence messages at the gate.

"Mate, you made the world a better place," read one poster. "Steve, our hero, our legend, our wildlife warrior," read another. Khaki shirts — a trademark of Irwin — were laid out for people to sign.

Parliament interrupted its normal schedule so lawmakers could pay tribute to Irwin, whose body was flown home Tuesday from Cairns. No funeral plans were announced but state Premier Peter Beattie said Irwin would be afforded a state funeral if his family agreed.

"He was a genuine, one-off, remarkable Australian individual and I am distressed at his death," Prime Minister John Howard said.

Irwin was propelled to global fame after his TV shows, in which he regularly wrestled with crocodiles and went face-to-face with poisonous snakes and other wild animals, were shown around world on the Discovery Channel.

The network announced plans for a marathon screening of Irwin's work and a wildlife fund in his name.

"Rarely has the world embraced an animal enthusiast and conservationist as they did Steve Irwin," Discovery Networks International President Dawn McCall said in a statement.

___

Associated Press writer Dennis Passa in Beerwah, Australia, contributed to this report.
Next

Return to General Chat