Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Acekard 2i Setup Tutorial

<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Location: I am a ninja, I pop in at certain times and locations.

Thanks given: 1

Thanks received: 9 times

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:47 pm

Acekard 2i Setup Tutorial

NOOB Friendly way, Simple Way, Whatever way it works

1: Download the akaio firmware for your acekard in this link AKAIO 1.5

2: Format your microSd card to FAT32. You can download the Panasonic Formatter to format the microSD card right, but i just formatted using Windows.
Link here: http://filetrip.net/f3618-SDFormatter-V ... 0-0-3.html
Download and install it and select the drive your microSD is in and click "Format".
!!!!!MAKE SURE YOU BACK YOUR FILES UP ON YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE FORMATTING!!!!!!

3: Unzip or UnRAR the file that you just downloaded using 7-zip or WinRAR. Now right click on the akaio 1.5 .rar file and click extract to, and extract it to your desktop.

4: Now plug your microSD card into your computer, a window should open up, and select "open folder to view files". Drag and drop the __aio folder and the ak2menu4.nds into the root of the
microSD card.

5: Ok now the firmware is on your microSD card now, you need to download the latest loader for akaio. Go here: AKAIOLoader Once you downloaded the Loader extract , that .nds file into /__aio/loaders on your micrSD card.

6: (OPTIONAL if you want DSiWare and want a 1.4 DSi) You need to update your acekard 2i to work on the DSi 1.4. First download this file: DSi 1.4 firmware Fix

7: Extract it to your desktop. There should be 2 files. One with dsl and one with dsi in the file name.

8: Depending on what console you have or are using, choose the dsi file if your updating the acekard on a dsi, or the dsl file if you have a ds light to update on, Drag and Drop the file to your microSD.

9: Now boot your acekard, Find the file, and run it. Make sure you have a good battery life left or your ds is plugged in before you update. Hit the the A button, and it will start the update process. After that it will be ready for your dsi 1.4 firmware.

10: Your done now play your "cough" LEGIT "cough" backups :wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding games and homebrew
------------------------
You can put games and homebrew anywhere on the MicroSD. You can create a "games" folder and put a homebrew folder inside of it. Apps folder. Etc. Some homebrew will require that the system folder of the homebrew is on the root. With moonshl2, you would put the moonshl2 folder where your firmware is. (Right on the root) As of the .nds file, you can put that anywhere. A few homebrew require that the homebrews system folder is in the same location where the .nds file is. It just depends.

Using cheats
------------------------
You will need to download the gbatemp cheat database from here: Cheats

Then extract it with 7-zip. Drag the file extracted to your cheats folder in your __aio or __ak2 folder. Boot up your acekard and click Start> System options> now hit the top right arrow key till it says, "Default patch options." Now, at the bottom, select your cheat databse, and hit ok. And you are done.

Using themes
------------------------
First, download the wanted theme from AceKard.com
Extract the zip file and you should have a folder with lots of images. Drag that folder into your "ui" folder inside of your __aio or __ak2 folder. Boot your acekard up, and hit: Start> System options, and select your theme from the list. Hit the a button three times after it is selected, and your acekard will reboot with the new theme.

Removed the old way Cuz it was stupid since new way is easier (noob friendly) and makes more sense 8)

Here is a video tut That i made also

Last edited by TheTyler0013 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:07 am

Step 5 should be revised into "more" steps to be more user friendly, but it's a nice tutorial. Also, isn't this almost the exact same process for a normal Acekard? I have Acekard 2.1 and I recall doing something very similar. And is it just me or is this missing something...

Don't you have to format the memory stick you're using with a certain tool in order for it to work?

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:47 am

yeah I will expand on 5. and all you have to do is right click and format to fat32 and it will work (did for me anyway)

I am going o include pics also, but i have some moving to do so i will revise later today =)
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:03 pm

No I'm not thinking about fat32. I had to format using some Panasonic formatter or something... hmmmm. Maybe I'll figure it out and post later when I know what I'm talking about! ha!

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I just Formatted to FAT32. and it worked like a charm. But i will add a Step with that to and for a application to Format just o kill the confusion.
<<

airplanes18

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 19 times

Thanks received: 8 times

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:08 pm

hey ty, my mom is getting a DSi. and she wants the acekard. if you dont mind helping her out...
Billy Mays is STILL my Hero.
<<

TheTyler0013

Brewery Master
Brewery Master

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 pm

of course i can

Return to Nintendo DS/3DS