PSP Mods

<<

crackcandy

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:49 am

PSP Mods

Welcome to my PSP mod lessons in here I will teach you everything you need to know about using a modded PSP and even how to get the items required to create and use a Pandora battery to mod your friends or fix your own PSP.

Lesson 1
The folders
Normal PSP have the following folders from the update 5.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/PSP/GAME-This folder is for updates and demos and games from the PSN store
/PSP/COMMON-This folder is used for downloaded items from the web, etc.
Pictures and videos
/PSP/PHOTO-This folder was used for the PSP 1.
50 version and was kept for holding pictures
/PSP/SAVEDATA-This folder is used for storing PSP game saves
/PSP/MUSIC-This folder was also used in the 1.
50 version for playing music
/PSP/LICENSE-This folder is used for storing web pages license’s but failed after the 4.
00 update but is still used at times
/PSP/RADIOPLAYER-This folder was made after the 4.
01 update that included the internet radio player
/PSP/RSSCH/IMPORT-This folder is used for storing last viewed and downloaded RSS videos
/PSP/SYSTEM/BROSWER-This folder is used for storing your cookies from the internet browser also for bookmarks and history
/PSP/SYSTEM/SKYPE-This folder is used for the SKYPE messenger and is under construction for modding.

/PSP/THEME-This folder was introduced to the PSP in the 3.71 update that allowed theme's in the .
ptf format to be used
/MUSIC-This folder is now used for storing music
/PICTURE-This folder is now used for storing pictures
/VIDEO-This folder is used for storing videos
/MP_ROOT/100ANV01-This folder is used for video formats in .
mp4 (but not too sure)
/MP_ROOT/100MNV01-This folder is used for storing videos format in .mp4 named M4V00001.mp4 and M4V00001.
THM

Now we move onto the Modded PSP
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson 2
The folders again...
Now we move onto the modded PSP at firmware 5.00m33-6 folders which have a little more meaning and detail.

/PSP/GAME-This folder is for homebrew games in the format of EBOOT.PBP also can use PSX games in EBOOT.
PBP also still put your updates into this folder
/PSP/GAME150-This folder is used for games that require a 1.50 kernel usually you can find out if it needs one by looking at the folder and if there are two of them with % signs behind them then they go there, etc. "Ness" and "Ness%" would go into the GAME150 folder.

/PSP/GAME5XX-This folder is for storing games and demos downloaded from the PSN because they require a special prx to run them this folder automatically runs them with this
/PSP/COMMON-This folder is used for downloaded items from the web, etc.
pictures and videos
/PSP/PHOTO-This folder was used for the PSP 1.
50 version and was kept for holding pictures
/PSP/SAVEDATA-This folder is used for storing PSP game saves
/PSP/MUSIC-This folder was also used in the 1.
50 version for playing music
/PSP/LICENSE-This folder is used for storing web pages license’s but failed after the 4.
00 update but is still used at times
/PSP/RADIOPLAYER-This folder was made after the 4.
01 update that included the internet radio player
/PSP/RSSCH/IMPORT-This folder is used for storing last viewed and downloaded RSS videos
/PSP/SYSTEM/BROSWER-This folder is used for storing your cookies from the internet browser also for bookmarks and history
/PSP/SYSTEM/SKYPE-This folder is used for the SKYPE messenger and is under construction for modding.

/PSP/THEME-This folder was introduced to the PSP in the 3.71 update that allowed theme's in the .ptf format to be used but when you are modded there is a special plug-in you can use to import custom theme's in .ctf format this plug-in is called "CXMB" make sure to get the one for your firmware.

/MUSIC-This folder is now used for storing music
/PICTURE-This folder is now used for storing pictures
/VIDEO-This folder is used for storing videos
/MP_ROOT/100ANV01-This folder is used for video formats in .
mp4 (but not too sure)
/MP_ROOT/100MNV01-This folder is used for storing videos format in .mp4 named M4V00001.mp4 and M4V00001.
THM
/ISO-This folder is used for storing downloaded .ISO and .
CSO usually are ripped for UMD games for PSP
/ISO/VIDEO-This folder is used for storing .
ISO UMD movie rips

Not too many change's from Normal to modded.

Lesson 3
History of firmware’s
--------------------->
I started into the modded scene a little late but I did my research
We started off with the 1.50 PSP which was then the lowest firmware but some no name hacker found out that there was a hole in the firmware that Sony left that allowed us to patch back to 1.00 which then allowed a modder named Dev to make a HEN for it which lead back to 1.50 modded that allowed home brewers to create and use homemade programs and emulators on the PSP while Sony moved on with the updates so did we a few weeks after the newest update we had it ready in HEN and ready for it to be transformed into a Custom Firmware as the trend went on Sony decided that they are going to steel some of our hacks and call them their own so they came out with the PS1 or as we called them PSX games to run on the PSP then they did a update that included a theme flasher which we worked so hard on cracking there flash folders to do that, Then we came up with the .CTF that are alot better, then we caught up with them in to updates to the point that we are hours behind them n the HEN process but now that we are doing that the new PSP3000! Was unhackable but after only a month we have it sitting in HEN mode and are working on a way to get into the service menu.

The History goes on and on we have hacked every firmware out to date, even the 5.
02 to HEN-A!

*if any of my info is wrong because i know it is please feel free to correct it =]
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:32 pm

This "guide" is quite wrong :D

The folder explanation is ok but I don't know why you'd explain it... in any case though, the big thing that is wrong is the "history".

We started with 1.00 which was cracked very fast. 1.50 was implemented as hack proof but hacked quickly as well, and 1.52 came. For a long time, some homebrew wouldn't work on 1.50 and needed 1.00, but going back to 1.00 from 1.50 was hard and for many people unstable. Version 2.00 came out and was not cracked for perhaps the longest time out of any of the firmwares. Homebrew couldn't be used on 2.00 and newer games needed newer firmware patches, so instead of making homebrew enabled on 2.00, they first made programs that helped you bypass the firmware so you could use 1.50 while player 1.50+ games, but that was unstable and not every game had every feature.

HEN, which you mentioned, is the "Homebrew Enabler" which didn't come out for 2.00+ for a while. Before that, the best way to get functionality from 1.50 and 2.00 was to use a downgrade which many people bricked from.

And sorry, I know way too much about this sh*t LOL

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

crackcandy

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:30 pm

no please i loved to be corrected i have been in this for a long time standing too the only thing is is that i started in not caring of the history but thanks for correcting me i will use this info to continue my lessons on and please feel free to come back and correct me anytime.

Return to PSP Tutorials