What are these downloads on this site?!

<<

\/_Predator_\/

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:32 am

What are these downloads on this site?!

Ok i'm totally new here, so give me a break. What are all thse downloads, these....brews...firmwares...etc. all the stuff. What is this for? I need someone to explain to me in full detail what i can do with these downloads and the rest. All of these downloads are so confusing...
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:00 am

ok all these downloads are called homewbrew, they let you do things on your psp like play snes, nes , sega ect. or your psp. First off I'll start by asking what firmware verison you have, and we can go from their.
ImageImage
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:19 am

ok my man... not much to it,

they are all programs that u can use to run programs that arnt supposed to be on your psp. for example in the brewpack generator there are emulators (or emu's). with emulators you can run games from older systems like Super mario brothers from the NES. that is the most basic tool there is...

you may say, "thats awsome, i want that!" but there is a trick to this nice present! your PSP firmware (located on main menu Settings > System Settings > Setting Information > System Software) either allows these cool programs or does not!

PSP Firmware 1.0 and 1.5 allow all these cool programs right from your psp memory stick in the games folder!
PSP Firmware 1.51 and 1.52 have no homebrew so just upgrade to 2.0
PSP Firmware 2.00 - 2.60 have special homebrew that allows you to play these types of games through Grand Theft Auto Liberity City Stories.
PSP Firmware 2.70 and 2.71 do not have homebrew at the time but have recently been cracked!

The deal with PSP firmwares is that you can update them but u can not downgrade them untill...

In september the first downgrader was released by a a group called MPH. They made it so you can downgrade your 2.0 psp's (which was the highest firmware at the time) back to a 1.50 psp! but then Sony didnt like it so they made a 2.01 psp :(

Sony continued their updates thinking they could ditch homebrew and made firmwares 2.01, 2.50, and 2.60. a hacker called fanjita (i think thats how u spell it) made the GTA homebrew for those versions!!!!

Sony then Released version 2.70 with some flash player that isnt so flashy at all... and when it was minorly cracked they made 2.71.

OUR most recent big news is a new working downgrader that converts your 2.5 - 2.6 psp all the way back to a 1.5 PSP... HORRAY!!!

but the bad part is that if you have a 2.7x psp u are still screwed!

thats the jist of it... most of the programs just mess around with the psp and let you do things "outside the box"... all we like to do on this site is basically push the psp to its maximum potential and make us have more fun all together...

*** Stick around an u will learn more about this tight s**t ***
Last edited by .Vault on Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

D3ViLsAdvocate

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Location: ----New Jersey PSP Status:Dead & Gone PS3 Status:Paper Weight PS4 Status:mmm

Thanks given: 3 times

Thanks received: 21 times

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:20 am

did you just type that all up?
ImageImage
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:26 am

yes i did.... y do u ask... i started when there was no response i was hoping i would be the first to respond but u beat me
<<

\/_Predator_\/

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:27 am

.Vault wrote:ok my man... not much to it,

they are all programs that u can use to run programs that arnt supposed to be on your psp. for example in the brewpack generator there are emulators (or emu's). with emulators you can run games from older systems like Super mario brothers from the NES. that is the most basic tool there is...

you may say, "thats awsome, i want that!" but there is a trick to this nice present! your PSP firmware (located on main menu Settings > System Settings > Setting Information > System Software) either allows these cool programs or does not!

PSP Firmware 1.0 and 1.5 allow all these cool programs right from your psp memory stick in the games folder!
PSP Firmware 1.51 and 1.52 have no homebrew so just upgrade to 2.0
PSP Firmware 2.00 - 2.60 have special homebrew that allows you to play these types of games through Grand Theft Auto Liberity City Stories.
PSP Firmware 2.70 and 2.71 do not have homebrew at the time but have recently been cracked!

The deal with PSP firmwares is that you can update them but u can not downgrade them untill...

In september the first downgrader was released by a a group called MPH. They made it so you can downgrade your 2.0 psp's (which was the highest firmware at the time) back to a 1.50 psp! but then Sony didnt like it so they made a 2.01 psp :(

Sony continued their updates thinking they could ditch homebrew and made firmwares 2.01, 2.50, and 2.60. a hacker called fanjita (i think thats how u spell it) made the GTA homebrew for those versions!!!!

Sony then Released version 2.70 with some flash player that isnt so flashy at all... and when it was minorly cracked they made 2.71.

OUR most recent big news is a new working downgrader that converts your 2.5 - 2.6 psp all the way back to a 1.5 PSP... HORRAY!!!

but the bad part is that if you have a 2.7x psp u are still screwed!

thats the jist of it... most of the programs just mess around with the psp and let you do things "outside the box"... all we like to do on this site is basically push the psp to its maximum potential and make us have more fun all together...

*** Stick around an u will learn more about this tight s**t ***

Thnx a bunch man! I understood a bit of that but i'm gonna try and learn more of this lol.
Watch your back...no mercy is given by the predators...
<<

.Vault

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:29 am

its not to hard... just stick around and ull catch on quick
<<

Mailas

Post Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:14 pm

No, they are called emulators.
They are basically the nes system.
Be careful what you are doing,
lets say you want to play a super mario brothers 1 game on it.
That game that plays on the emulator is called a rom.
Same with a GBA emulator.
Lets say you want Sonic Advance 3.
The game that plays on the emulator is also called a rom.
These roms are illigle in some countries.
If you are in a europian country, they are no illigle since its out of reach from a company like nintendo or sega.
These roms are illigle because they a downloaded for free.
I wouldnt worry too much, since the chances are 99-100% of getting caught.

So to answer your question, no, you do not need the actual system.

Return to PSP Tutorials