Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:05 pm

Dumping PS1 Games, and playing them on you're PSP!

I will show you how to dump, convert, and play them on you're PSP (video is included aswell)
Requirements:
Alcohol 120%
Windows 98-XP Computer
The steps:
Dumping PS1 Games
To dump you're PS1 Games, obviously get a PS1 CD. I will be using
Spyro The Dragon. Yep, number one:
Insert you're CD into you're Writing Drive (DVD Burn Drive) for me it was drive F:

2)
Once you have installed Alcohol 120% as it sais in the requirements, go to CD/DVD Manager:

3)
Choose the correct drive where you're CD is in, and select OK.

4)
Then go to Image Making Wizard. Select you're Drive (where you're CD is in) and at datatype, choose Normal CD,
and put your Writing Speed to Maximum Speed, click Next.

5)
You will then be asked where to put the output of you're ISO file. For me, I just made a new folder called SPYRO, and put it on my desktop.
Then select the folder. For you're image format:

6)
Click Start, and it should look something like this:
Be patient! It takes a while!
There we have it! Spyro!

I have to go eat right now, Il be back to finish it later tonight.

Playing PSX ISO's on your PSP

7)
Heh, thats right, now is the time to actually convert you're ISO and make it playable on the PSP. We need neccassary files for this,
but the files are illegal, so please PM me for them. As of now the only legal file I can give out is the cygwin1.dll file
(used to compile EBOOTS mostly
with toolchain):

Place the cygwin1.dll file in you're C:/windows/system32 directory.
You will also need the 3.02 OE-A firmware.
Upgrade from Firmware 1.50 to 3.02 OE-A. Then from 3.02 OE-A go to OE-B.
The downloads:

Note when upgrading!!!!
Please make sure you're battery level is over 75%. I would do 80% just to be safe :)

8 )
Once you have those, OE-B will come with a folder called popstation.
Extract this folder onto you're desktop. Once you have done that, put inside KEYS.BIN, and the EBOOT (BASE.PBP).
The original filename was EBOOT.PBP, so just incase you have lost the link, rename EBOOT to BASE if not done so already.

9)
Now that you have that, place in the iso (in this case I will place in SPYRO.ISO) into the popstation folder on you're desktop like so:

10)
Afterwards, go to you're Start button, and go to Run.
Type in cmd.
Afterwards, we will need to change directories so we will type in cd (lowercase) for change directory.
After that, we will type in desktop/popstation right beside it.
Press Enter and then type in popstation.exe game.iso

popstation.exe will run you're popstation executable
game.iso will write popstation.exe functions to you're ISO/BIN
Change game to you're game name (SPYRO in this case) and replace iso with
either bin or iso depending what it is) since my SPYRO game is in .iso format, I will have it be called SPYRO.iso.
The process will take a while depending on the size of you're ISO/BIN file, so be patient!!
Heres what your batch file should look like:

11)
Now what you need to do is plug in your USB into you're PSP connected to your PC like so:

12)
On you're memory stick, go into you're PSP folder, then into you're GAME folder, and inside that make a folder
called SCUS9768(name doesnt matter), and in there, place you're EBOOT in you're popstation folder (the one you just made)
and the KEYS.BIN file.

13)
You are done! Go to you're PSP XMB (menu screen), go to you're Game menu, and
go to memory stick, and select the Hotshots Golf 2 Icon.
You can now play you're Playstation Game on you're PSP! Well done!

Heres a video of what it looks like:
Playing Spyro On the PSP