Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

[Tutorial] - Clearing flash0 space (on custom FW)

<<

tbag

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 1

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:14 pm

it works for me :) thanks pacman
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:24 pm

Skelator03 wrote:just wanted to say well done i dont usually comment on tuts but this was worth it i have no reason to try any of this out but if i did i would read this again because it looks like you hit the nail on the head with freeing up some space

tbag wrote:it works for me :D thanks pacman

Thanks guys. Writing this tutorial has even helped ME out. I look back to it every time I upgrade to a new custom firmware and this tutorial keeps things very simple. I'm a bit of a firmware mod junkie and I like having the extra space for my customizations. If you guys ever have anything to add from any newer firmware (or question it) please let me know either here or in PM and I will look into it.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Figz

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:27 pm

Puncharger was asking me how to delete the Location Free. This tutorial should be a good reference point for questions like that.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:29 pm

ahhh... I wonder the same... I will look into it tomorrow. I don't think it will free up much space though... but worth a try to see what I can do. That and the "remote play" function. I'll try to find answers.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:57 pm

Will this tutorial work on 3.40oe-a cause xflash won't work on it and when I tried the filer it didn't show any files in the flash0 came up empty.
My Firmware Time Line Ver. 2.01 < 2.71 > 1.50 < 3.40oe-a
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:01 pm

I just use the manual way. Toggle usb for flash0 and paste. So much easier and im sure I won't brick my psp that way :p But if you really want to risk the chance of bricking your psp like so many others have, you can use a program like theme cycler or whatever its called. Read my sig :p
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:01 pm

With that said - theme cycler is just fine IF, and only IF, you know what you're doing. But after saying that, I should include that I definitely know what I am doing and I still don't use it :)

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:22 pm

ace_012 wrote:I just use the manual way. Toggle usb for flash0 and paste. So much easier and im sure I won't brick my psp that way :p But if you really want to risk the chance of bricking your psp like so many others have, you can use a program like theme cycler or whatever its called. Read my sig :p
i did what you said worked fine no brick smooth sailing but I was wondering if deleting those files was supposed to also remove the icons from the xmb cause they are still there just nothing happens when you click them?
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:55 pm

Huh? Did you do it manually or use theme cycler? And if you delete those files then you will brick your psp...wow. Why would you delete them??? And there in .prx format so of course nothing happens when you click it. You would need a program that can read files in prx format (such as RCO edit) in order to open the files.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
<<

Trueno22

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:01 am

ace_012 wrote:Huh? Did you do it manually or use theme cycler? And if you delete those files then you will brick your psp...wow. Why would you delete them??? And there in .prx format so of course nothing happens when you click it. You would need a program that can read files in prx format (such as RCO edit) in order to open the files.
oh no I didn't bother with the font stuff. I just wanted to get rid of the annoying camera icon in the photos section. And nope no brick everything works fine.

And you miss understood me when I say i clicked them and nothing happened I meant in the XMB menu not in the flash like I only deleted the files associated with the camera. When I go to the photo section the icons doesn't work but it is stll there would like to get rid of the icon as well.
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:57 am

Oo I dunno know how to get rid of the camera icon with some hex editing. It isn't in its own specific file. There's a lot of icons in there with it. So no you can't get rid of it by simply deleting some files.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:39 am

Figz wrote:Puncharger was asking me how to delete the Location Free. This tutorial should be a good reference point for questions like that.

well i already have it deleted know..

well it restarts my psp.

and network update plays ddr.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:15 pm

If you would, please specify what file(s) were taken out and how much space it clears up so I can add it to the tutorial. Back when I was first looking up that information, I didn't find anyone with big enough man jumblies to try it.

-DarkPacMan77-
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:32 pm

Are you referring to The last part of the tutorial with the big long list? I can delete every single thing on that list if you want me to and see how much it will free up. Don't matter to me as long as I can still use recovery mode to unbrick my psp if it gets bricked XD.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:03 pm

No I was wondering about what files need to be deleted in order for the Locationfree Player to be deactivated entirely, and safely, as well as what the total file size amounts to be saved.

-DarkPacMan77-
PreviousNext

Return to PSP Tutorials