[Tutorial] - Downgrading version 3.03

<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:45 pm

Lol wow. I have no clue what you did. Did you downgrade? And then it went to the blue screen in different languages? But everything is in spanish after u hit O or whatever button you were supposed to hit? LMAO. Sorry man, just change the language to english. Wow. You sound pretty unlucky though.

Just scroll all the way to the left in the xmb, scroll 4 icons down from the very top(press the down arrow 4 times). Then Press X and scroll down 2 icons from the very top(press down arrow 2 times) to change the Character set or press the down arrow 8 times from the very top to restore default settings.
Last edited by ace on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Powerpunk 5000

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:47 pm

ace_012 wrote:Lol wow. I have no clue what you did. Did you downgrade? And then it went to the blue screen in different languages? But everything is in spanish after u hit O or whatever button you were supposed to hit? LMAO. Sorry man, just change the language to english. Wow. You sound pretty unlucky though.

YES! It turned blue after loading LCS and took me through setup to downgrade. Once it was done and reset, it said it was corrupt and to press O to restore defaults. It did, and now I'm seeing the main menu (in SPANISH), but anytime I press any button (I can still hear the sound effects, and when the screen comes back on I can see that any buttons I've pressed DID register, such as the cursor moving), the screen turns black. PLEASE tell me this is something that's not unheard of and that it can be fixed...
<<

ace

Brewology Administrator
Brewology Administrator

Thanks given: 10 times

Thanks received: 29 times

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Well it is unheared of to me. You sure you downloaded the right files? Ummm....Maybe someone else can help you. Maybe dpm or da or someone....sorry? You sure you followed the tutorial EXACTLY as it said, because it seems no one else had this problem that I have heard of.
It's not the religion that causes wars, it's the men who use religion as a means to control people that do.
They call me tater salad.
<<

Powerpunk 5000

Young Brewer

Post Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:54 pm

ace_012 wrote:Well it is unheared of to me. You sure you downloaded the right files? Ummm....Maybe someone else can help you. Maybe dpm or da or someone....sorry? You sure you followed the tutorial EXACTLY as it said, because it seems no one else had this problem that I have heard of.

*EDIT* Wow. Freak occurance. Everything appears to be okay now. I have the custom firmware and everything. Now I have a couple questions (these will be painless :P) to gfollow up:

1) With custom firmware 3.40, do I need to do any constant updating of any kind? And if so, how?

2) How can I best ensure that my PSP does not brick?

3) I haven't tried yet, but can I still play GTA LCS or any other UMD PSP discs on my PSP and with using savegames and all upon upgrading to custom firmware 3. 40? If not, what can I do to allow them to be used, if possible?

4) How do I now manage using extra things (videos, wallpaper, etc.)?

5) is it possible to run Mugen on PSP? Not sure.

Anything else vital to know? If so, let me know. I'll repost if I think of anything else.
<<

JasterDCX

Young Brewer

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:28 pm

can i delete everything from downgrading when i'm done from my card?
<<

staxx

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks received: 2 times

Post Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Yes you can. I even suggest reformatting your memory card.
Please do not act as a moderator! If you see something wrong, please report it to one of the moderators.
Click a name to report
Staxx Ace_012 Tbag
<<

AdventWolf

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 5 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:11 pm

On that page, there is a tutorial in the description and there are urls that lead to the downloads on another site.
Previous

Return to PSP Tutorials