Forum    News    Downloads    Saved Games

Lots of questions. I'm an absolute noob.

<<

Zyphxion

Young Brewer

Thanks given: 0

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:41 pm

Lots of questions. I'm an absolute noob.

So I just downgraded from 3.03 and installed iRshell v 3.0.

I want to use the DevHook feature, but I have no idea how it works. I read through the iRshell manual about DevHook, and I am very confused. I know that it can and is supposed to emulate FW 2.71, but do I need a copy of the 2.71 EBOOT? And if I do, where do I put it? Whenever I try it, my PSP goes blank. Help?

Also, those iR codes dont work on any of my apliances, even though they are made by the righ companies. How do i get the whole remote feature to work?
Last edited by Zyphxion on Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DarkPacMan77

Brewology Moderator
Brewology Moderator

Thanks given: 13 times

Thanks received: 18 times

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:47 pm

asddasit wrote:This is only my opinion and i dont want S*** about it ,but id say dont even bother with devhook just update to 3.03 oe-c (custom firmware) this will let you play homebrews and have all the features of a 3.03 psp.

I got your back asddasit, upgrading to 3.03 oe-c would probably be the best thing. I am on oe-b and love it. I really can't see why people would complain about upgrading to the custom firmwares. They are perfectly stable and if you are afraid of bricking, and you are somewhat advanced, you can clear up some flash0 space so you don't have any worries.

Devhook is a thing of the past... kinda sad for BOOSTER b/c he put in SO MUCH WORK on that damn application and with custom firmware, his program is pretty much useless.

I would only stay on version 1.50 if I wanted to mod the psp heavily. As in, use x-flash or something and change nearly everything about the psp. Being able to play playstation one games on the custom firmwares is just amazing though, and I have all of the mods on my psp that I want.

-DarkPacMan77-
D3ViLsAdvocate wrote:Try shaking the salt harder onto your tongue.
<<

Zyphxion

Young Brewer

Thanks received: 0

Post Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:31 pm

Okay, thanks. I followed your advice and updated to 3.03 OE-B and all is well. But, I'm a neat freak, so I was wondering if I could delete all of the unused apps left over from the update in my /GAME folder. Like, will that brick my PSP?
Last edited by Zyphxion on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Puncharger

Brew Guru
Brew Guru

Thanks given: 6 times

Thanks received: 10 times

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:30 am

no. u can delete :)
<<

tbag

Super Brewer
Super Brewer

Thanks received: 1

Post Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:08 am

i say go all theway

you can go all the way and get 3.03oe-C that way when or if you have to format you memory stick you have all the files made for you. like iso and game150. and faster load time

Return to PSP Tutorials